to be loved: yuta

summary: you've always wondered what it feels like to have someone crush on you, someone to love you

summary: you've always wondered what it feels like to have someone crush on you, someone to love you. you finally know what that feels like in your final year of college.

genre: fluff, popular boy!yuta

3.6K words

originally written: 2020
heavily edited: 22/1/24

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

What was it like to be liked or loved by someone?

it was a frequent question that you'd ask yourself; having witnessed many different people having a crush on every single one of your friends, except you.

was there something likeable about your friends that you lacked?

Maybe someone does like you, but since you're shy, they wouldn't dare to talk to you. Or perhaps they are shy one. You like to think that's the case, that someone likes you but they just don't have the guts to confess to you. call it hope but you called it a delusion.

24 years of living on this earth, you've only encountered 2 people that has liked you. Was it genuine or just a joke? That's something you would never know for sure, for the 2 people who has ever liked you had long disappeared from your life.

the first one was a boy from elementary school. but you haven't seen him since graduation and you had no idea what school he went to after that.

then there was the boy who became your close friend at the beginning of high school. one year later, he changed schools and you've never seen him since.

and during the last year of highschool, you met a boy named taeyong. You guys were the same age and in the same class. he was handsome and had the sweetest personality ever. he loved saying silly things to make people laugh and he never failed to impress you with his never ending knowledge. taeyong was the kind of person who loved answering the teacher's questions in class. he always answered the questions with nothing but confidence, but if he got it wrong, a pout would form on his face and his shoulders would slump. it was terribly cute.

to you, Lee taeyong was the embodiment of perfect. and of course, with every perfect boy came an endless amount of admirers. you recalled that there was at least one girl from every class who had a thing for taeyong. some just admired him and some had a long term crush on him.

And yes, you were one of those people who had a long term crush on him.

after some talking and hanging out a few times, you became close friends. but you were usually in a group with other people. and in that group, was a bunch of popular girls. luckily, they were a bunch of kind hearted popular girls who admired you for being cute in their eyes. . they were protective over you and loved inviting you out to go shopping and for cafe dates