Return to Liyue

Inazuma was a lot to take in.

Getting there was a lot of trouble and staying there sure as hell was worth plenty more. No doubt it has its fair share on inflicting not only physical but also mental damage to our main heroine.

Indeed, it was a lot to take in.

Sure there were plenty of good times too, like when she went to the festival with Ayaka and watched the fireworks with Yoimiya. But aside from those maybe the only other bright side was the hangouts in the Komore teahouse. Meeting Taroumaru was a treat on itself.

It would've been nice if it was where Lumine was staying for the moment though. Wishful thinking is what one would call that.

After the incident of her almost storming to the Delusion Factory by herself she was forced to come back to Liyue as a command from Kokomi.

Beidou and Kazuha had a hard time trying to convince Lumine to come with them, they had to resort to restraining her so she wouldn't do anything stupid.

Even if Paimon's with her it was no doubt that Paimon would've not known what to do if she got in trouble.

So for her own safety, they left her in the care of Zhongli. They did consider bringing her all the way back to Mondstadt but they feared no one will stop her from doing what she wanted, after all, they do value freedom most there.

"I have taken a day off to come to your aid, it seems Inazuma's current Archon has given you much more trouble than I anticipated." Zhongli commented. "If you ever need advice on how-"

"The Fatui are behind it again." Lumine muttered.

"I'm sorry?" Zhongli looked at her confused.

"I have to go back and face them, they should get-"

"Calm down."

"Yeah Lumine, maybe collect your thoughts first before deciding what to do next. Paimon knows that you can do it but we need a plan first." Lumine's trusted companion said.

"Deep breaths Lumine. I'll go get some tea to maybe calm your nerves." Zhongli said as he excited the room.

Not long after a knock was heard on the door, which was odd considering that it was too fast for Zhongli to have prepared tea.

"That was fast." Paimon commented, verbalizing what Lumine was thinking a moment ago.

"Just a second." Lumine said as she approached the door.

To her surprise it was someone she didn't think she'll run into, specially not in the vicinity of Zhongli's home.

"Oh. Lumine. What, why are you here?" The red-head looked at her with wide eyes. Clearly, he wasn't expecting her either.

"I could ask you the same." She snapped at him.

"Woah, hey now. I don't recall soing something that will make you mad at me." Childe propped his hands up. "I was just heare to discuss matters with Mr. Zhongli."

"Oh, he went out." Lumine said, her voice showing how annoyed she was.

"Went out? He's not going shopping is he? Did he bring mora?" Childe looked out from behind him.

Lumine paused, remembering Zhongli's bad habit of not bringing mora with him where he goes. She couldn't help but chuckle seeing as to how Childe got used to being Zhongli's wallet too.

"Oh, you're smiling again. I get that you're not mad at me?" Childe raised an eyebrow with a smirk.

"I'm mad at the fact that you're part of the Fatui, a harbinger nonetheless." Lumine's expression reverted back to an annoyed one.