The Witch, the Fox and the Puppet

"Let me get this straight." Childe began to pace around the room. "You went here to Narukami to talk to the fox lady."

"Lady Yae Miko, yes." The traveller nodded.

"And she asked you personally to defeat the inazuman archon. The Raiden Shogun." Childe asked.

Lumine laughed. "No. She asked me to fight her not defeat her." She said.

"Then?"

"Defeating her is basically impossible. At least that's what Lady Yae told me." Lumine said. "She even laughed when I asked about it." She muttered under her breath.

"Then why would you fight her?" Childe asked.

"To get our message straight." Lumine said confidently.

"What?" Childe's eyebrows furrowed. "Fighting without the purpose of winning sounds stupid."

"Getting our message to her is winning." Lumine rolled her eyes.

"Then how do you plan on getting that win?" Childe crossed his arms.

"Lady Yae would train me. Personally." Lumine said with a smug face.

"Oh." Childe looked at her. "Can I come-"

"No." Lumine stood up from the couch.

"What? You didn't even let me finish." Childe complained.

Lumine looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "Childe, I know you're just going to ask if you can also train with me. The answer is no. You're staying here right?"

"I wanna help fight." Childe insisted.

"You will when it's against the shogunate but the shogun herself won't even face you." Lumine said.

Childe paused. "Okay then, when do I fight the shogunate?"

Lumine looked at him with tired eyes, her mere expression screams "really?" without having the need to say it verbally.

"What? Old habits die hard." Childe simply shrugged.

***

After training for 2 days straight, Yae Miko gave Lumine a pat on the back and a charm that's supposedly going to help her.

Of course, her trusted companion, being a worrywart, refused to leave her side until they reached their destination.

Low and behold, they found themselves facing the one and only Signora.

"This is a battle of honor." The shogun decreed.

"Interesting, where's your other companion? Have you thought of our last talk together?" Signora taunted.

"None of your business." Lumine scowled at her before charging to attack.

The shogun watched the two battle it out. It was an intense battle of both in a physical and verbal sense.

"Has he betrayed you yet?" Signora laughed.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" Lumine deflected as she swung her sword to the ife chucked to her.

"I would. Of course." Signora created herself a shield, as multiple missile like spiked targeted Lumine. "It's only a matter of time before he leaves, best throw him out while you can."

She chuckled. "Or perhaps you've gone soft on the Fatui?" Signora said, triggering something inside Lumine.

With one swing, three swift thunder shadows were directed to the traveller's opponent. Then with a firm step on the ground, the floor was terraformed with geo spikes circling Lumine.