The Puppet's Eyes

"Everything okay?" Kazuha asked as the two finally went back to join them.

"We're gonna call it a day, Ajax isn't feeling too well." Lumine said with an apologetic look.

"Sorry." Childe also said.

"Don't be sorry. We wish you get well soon!" Ayaka said. Childe simply gave her a weak smile.

Lumine then turned to Paimon. "Paimon, we're going to head back early today. Are you going to come with?" Lumine  offered.

Paimon paused. "Hmmmm... Paimon will stay a little longer here. I'll be accompanying Ayaka and Kazuha for a bit. You two go ahead."

"Okay, don't stay up too late." Lumine reminded.

"Don't worry, I'll be back with you guys soon!"

***

As the two walked their way back, Lumine kept an eye on Childe's hands. She noticed how it would flinch once in a while which was only fueling her concern.

"How are you feeling?" She asked for the nth time.

"Better than earlier." Childe said. That's what he's been replying for the past few questions.

Lumine took a deep breath, more like a sigh, then took Childe's hand. Childe was of course a bit shocked by it, but still didn't think twice about intertwining their fingers.

"Now I feel a lot better." He said, his face filled with contentment.

Lumine's face flushed. "That's silly." She muttered.

"I know." Childe shrugged it off.

Their walk continued with peace. Just the sound of their footsteps, the soft breeze, the sound of the animals and insects they come across.

It was as if they had music follow them as they walked.

Inazuma at night is also an amazing sight; the trees, the streams, the seaside that envelopes the area, the flowers.

"I could get used to this." Childe said.

"Hmm?" Lumine looked at him with a confused face.

"If we do settle down, I wouldn't mind settling down here." He explained.

"Not on your hometown?" Lumine raised an eyebrow.

"My hometown? Don't get me wrong, I love it there. But Snezchnaya isn't really a dream place for me." Childe said. "But, don't take my word for it. I'd love to here your thoughts of it once we go there."

"Is there a reason for not considering it as your dream place?" Lumine asked.

"Well, considering I grew up there, new sights obviously have a different wow factor on them." He explained.

"Yeah, main reason why I love travelling myself." Lumine agreed.

"See, you get what I mean." He said with a chuckle. Lumine let out a giggle.

"But in all seriousness, wherever you'd choose, I'll be there." Childe said.

"Promise?" She asked.

"I promise." Childe said.

Lumine smiled. She stopped on her tracks and faced him. "I love you." She said, her smile never fading.

Childe couldn't help but smile too. "I love you too."

He then leaned in, cupped her cheeks and gave her a quick kiss. Lumine's cheeks were flushed at that point.

"I love you very much." He said, planting another kiss on her forehead before pulling her for a hug.