The Rebel

Sleeping was unexpectedly hard to do when you're actively thinking about something.

But then again, what do you even do when an enemy tells you someone you trust isn't trustworthy. Surely doubting the one you know better was something you should not be thinking of.

But Lumine didn't really know Childe. To her, he's still a mystery. She doesn't fully buy the fact that he went to her seeking for help but there wasn't much to doubt.

It was Childe, he realized that the Fatui wasn't on the same side as his ideals so it made sense he'd branch out.

But it was Childe. What if he realizes that his ideals wasn't on the same side as Lumine's either. Would he turn his back on her as well?

That's what keeping her up.

She couldn't shake the feeling that she's letting her guard down a little too much around him. Should she bring more walls up, or should she keep them down?

She was scared that asking him directly would lead to the worst she imagined it would go. Leading it to the same fiasco she and Childe went through in the Golden House.

She didn't want to risk it, not while she's enjoying the fact that she actually had company other than Paimon.

"Ugh, why is this my concern now?" Lumine groaned and instantly covered her mouth, afraid that she might've woken up her most trusted companion who was sleeping soundly on the same room.

She quietly checked and thankfully, still sound asleep. Lumine sighed in relief.

She was not getting any sleep, she realized that so she sneaked her way out of the room. Quietly, she tip toed her way outide and closed the door the softest way she can.

After that she headed downstairs, heading towards the main door. But on her way she caught a glimpse of their guest curled up on the couch.

For a moment she stood there, remembering what kept her up in the first place.

"I can feel you staring at me." He suddenly spoke up.

"Oh, sorry. Did I wake you?" Lumine said.

"No, not really." Childe sat up and faced Lumine. "You can't sleep too huh?"

"I'm really sorry about making you sleep on the couch." Lumine said.

Childe laughed. "Is that why you can't sleep Princess?" He asked.

"No." Lumine replied. "I just thought-"

"I was joking." Childe said. "Is there something on your mind?"

"There's a lot on my mind. The only time I'll stop thinking is when I die." Lumine said.

"Okay, but is there something in your mind that's troubling you?" Childe asked once more.

"A lot is troubling me. You know that." Lumine rolled her eyes.

Childe let out a small chuckle. "Come on you gotta work with me here Princess. I'm trying to help you get it off your chest." He said.

"Well, this is already kinda helping to be honest." Lumine admitted.

Childe smiled. "Glad to be of help then." He said. "Care to take a seat?" He offered.

Lumine sighed and sat down beside him, staring at the ever burning fireplace. She grabbed a throw pillow and set it on her lap where she rested her elbows. She then placed her chin on her hands, eyes focused on the flame.

"Did something happen earlier?" Childe asked softly, looking at her.

"Yeah." Lumine answered, not bothering to look at him. She didn't really elaborate on anything else so Childe figured she wouldn't be saying anything for a while.