Retracting Waters

"Let me through!" The copper haired young man jabbed at the guard.

It was a hassle that he wasn't wearing his usual uniform, Lumine insisted he wear the Inazuman outfit to blend in but his eagerness made him stand out anyway. He wasn't used to how it fit him so his movement was a bit strained.

"I'll face the shogun too! Fuck off!" Childe got impatient, summoning daggers just to fend off anyone going his way.

Water blades against metal ones clashed as he forced his way through the Tenshukaku.

As he struggled, he noticed a few arrows being shot from behind him, targeting enemies that dared to go near him. He looked back and saw the Resistance's General with his bow and arrows out and shooting.

"Go! We'll back you up!" Gorou yelled. That's when Childe saw from behind the scenes the other rebel forces fighting off the shogunate.

He nodded and sprinted his way to the stairs. Unsurprisingly, there were more guards stationed on that area. Not only that, but they were being attacked from behind. The enemies coming from the other building, calling more backup.

They were out-manned, their enemies being well between twice their number considering that this was technically their head quarters.

"Well if it isn't my lucky day." Childe chuckled to himself and got to his fighting position once more.

The battle lasted quite a while, a little longer than Childe would've anticipated. But with Lumine not showing any signs of getting back, he just went on, rambling about what's taking her so long as he fought his way through.

Normally, if you were to be challenging the boss right away you'd just leave the small fries to the back up, but it was Childe we're talking about, he'll go at it until his desire to fight calms down, if it ever does calm down.

"General, we're getting surrounded!" One of the soldiers yelled, to which Gorou clicked his tongue at.

"Keep your defenses high, Her Excellency is on her way with more back-up!" Gorou said.

Childe couldn't help but laugh. They're surprisingly persistent, is what he thought. Then again, leading a rebellion against your archon, that takes a lot of guts.

"Look yonder!" Kazuha said, catching the attention of many. "The Shogun." He muttered under his breath as a slice of space appeared in the air, similar to what appeared before Lumine was taken.

Unsurprisingly, the traveller came out of it mostly scratched but clearly without much damage taken.

"Lumine." Childe muttered under his breath and ran towards them.

Surprisingly, after Lumine came out the Shogun.

"Stand down." The Archon said, her voice giving a very commanding tone. And just like that, the battle was paused without having to stop time.

All stopped on their tracks, all except the copper haired young man fashioning an Inazuman outfit.

Beidou grabbed him before he could get near them. "What are you doing?" She asked him.

He snatched his arm away, not bothering to answer. He then looked over to Lumine and saw her signing him to stay where he is.

He clicked his tongue and crossed his arms, muttering "fine" under his breath.

"It appears that the Vision Hunt Decree was a miscalculation to my part. It has brought more harm than good for the Eternity that our nation strives to achieve." The shogun began to speak. Everyone listened intently.