A song of chance

The next morning, Lumine and Paimon headed straigh to Liyue's Katheryne for her daily quest there.

As per usual it was more defeat enemies in certain areas with a dash of cleaning up duties. The cleaning up one was at a ship which was a refresher on the bright side.

"Morning comrade! Raring to go today, I see." A certain red head said as he saw Lumine by the docks using her anemo powers to blow away dust areas.

"Need some help with that?" Childe asked as he began showing off the fact that he has a hydro vision.

"It's okay, I can handle this at least." Lumine said. "What are you doing here so early in the morning anyway?"

"I live here, or stay here. I mean, I live in Snezhnaya but you get my point." He explained. "I was just walking around, taking my morning jog, then I saw you. I thought I'd just say hi."

"Alright. Hi." Lumine said before blowing away a dust pile. They both coughed at the now floating dust particles.

"You're making this harder than it should be." Childe pointed out. "Just let me."

"It's my commission, I can do it myself." Lumine said.

"Relax, I'm not gonna steal your reward." Childe said as he brought out his hydro weapon, which he easily manipulated so it won't be too sharp. He didn't want to scratch the boat after all.

"Watch, and learn." Childe said smugly, using his conjured up hydro to clean the remaining dust.

Lumine clapped, a rather unenthusiastic one. Not sarcastic, by any means, but her unamused face might give that impression.

"You're welcome." Childe said.

Lumine rolled her eyes. "Thanks. You really didn't have to." She said.

"Well, that's my last commission for the day. I'm be reporting back to Katheryne now." Lumine waved goodbye. "Thanks for the help."

"Is she... avoiding me?" Childe muttered to himself.

The short conversation made him completely unsatisfied, he couldn't shake off the thought of  Lumine ignoring him and that bothered him a lot more than he thought it would. It wasn't a new thing, Lumine made it very clear how she's not interested about any of Childe's offers other than free meals for Paimon's sake.

But they did share some intimate moments, moments where both of them short vulnerability and neither made a move to harm the other. Childe thinks it at least meant something, or at least he hopes.

"Hey! Do you have plans for today?" He yelled as he ran to catch up to Lumine. Some people were already giving him odd looks but to him it wasn't anything new.

"Yes. Don't you?" Lumine simply replied.

"No." He replied quickly, though that was in fact a lie. He was never out of assignments while working as a Fatui, a Harbinger no less. 

"Well, good for you then. I actually have a lot to get done so if you were planning on dragging me somewhere else then I'm very sorry to say I can't." Lumine faced him.

"That's too bad then." He said. By now they were already walking up the stairs leading up to Katheryne's booth. 

"Ad astra abyssosque! Welcome to the Adventurers' Guild." Katheryne greeted.

"Good morning Katheryne. I'm here to claim my daily commission reward." Lumine smiled at her.

"Thank you for completing today's commissions. Here is your reward." Katheryne handed her the usual rewards she gets; mora and a couple of enchantment ores. Lumine muttered a thank you as she put them in her bag, or in their terms - inventory .