Havoc: Formless Blade

"Can we stay like this a little longer?" Childe asked. Instead of saying anything, Lumine simply embraced him.

"I missed you." He whispered, his breath on her neck sending shivers down her spine. "I still do. I still can't believe this is all real." He held her tightly.

Lumine pulled away from him and cupped his cheeks. "I missed you too." She said. "While I was in my deep sleep, I could vaguely make out voices. I kept hearing you. Out of all those voices, it was yours that I hear the most." She said.

"Weird now that I think about it. I would've expected it to be Paimon since she's very much a chatterbox." Lumine laughed. "But it was nice hearing you talking to me. When you did, it felt like I was part of a conversation. You have no idea how much I wanted to reply to you then."

"You heard?" Childe's eyebrows furrowed.

"Not much, but somehow it made me feel like I was updated still." Lumine said.

"I see." Childe said. Then there was a short silence. For a brief moment, Childe closed his eyes.

"Lumine..." He called her name. Lumine hummed in response. "I love you." He said.

Lumine's cheeks flushed. "I thought we were done with this segment. If you keep saying that I'm just gonna end up thinking you're joking." She said.

Childe laughed. "Sorry, I couldn't help it." He finally pulled away from the hug. He then cupped her cheek and kissed her forehead. "That's just how I feel."

"Alright alright. I love you too. We should really be sleeping right now, don't you have training tomorrow?" Lumine crossed her arms.

"Do I? I forget." Childe joked. Lumine just gave him a look. "I'm kidding. Alright, let's sleep." He pulled her for another hug and plopped down the bed.

"Ajax..." Lumine took a deep breath before facing him.

"What? I'm sleeping." He said coyly, his eyes closed.

"Let go mister. I need to head to my room." Lumine tried to get Childe's arm off her waist.

"No." He said, pulling her closer. He then opened one of his eyes and smirked. "Besides, isn't this how lovers sleep?" He said with a cheeky grin.

This of course recieved another look from Lumine. Instead of waiting for her reply though, he closed both his eyes once more.

Lumine rolled her eyes at his behavior. Childe's smile never left his face, grinning widely even though he had his eyes closed.

Since there was no signs of Childe actually letting her go, Lumine just took it as time to reflect what was happening.

"Lovers huh?" She muttered to herself.

"Hmm?" Childe hummed, just as he was about to open his eyes he felt delicate arms wrapping around his waist. The moment his eyes opened, all he could see was Lumine burying her face on his chest.

"Just this once." She said.

Childe's surprised face turned to a gentle smile. A more genuine one than the smirks he's used to giving.

He kissed her hair and said goodnight. And after that, he had the best night's sleep he ever had his entire life.

***

"Good morning sunshine." Childe stretched his arms.

The light was partially blinding him, the sun is definitely up. It was way past noon, the longest sleep he's had in a while.

He yawned and sat up from the bed, stretching once more.

"Did you have a good sleep?" He turned to his side. There was no one there. His eyebrows furrowed.