Bottoms Up

"They've done it now." Childe said, rage starting to rise. "I should've seen this coming."

His fists formed a ball. With his knuckles on the grass, he slowly helped himself stand-up.

No longer did his legs feel like jelly that would just wobble around. He was feeling... strong.

Stronger than ever.

"Ajax, what-"

Before Lumine could finish, she was hoisted up the air, landing safely on Childe's arms.

He carried her bridal style, but due to their size difference it looked more like she was a baby in his arms.

"Let's get you some place safe." Childe said. The tone of his voice changed. It sounded deeper, a little more... darker.

Fueled by the anger that he felt, he zoomed his way back to Kamisato estate. He was quick as lighting, light on his feet like he was just skipping his way.

"Ajax..." Lumine looked at him with much concern. She wasn't bothered by the fact that she was looking like an absolute mess, her attention was at him.

"Ajax, what exactly do you-"

"Traveler!" The guards at the entrance of the Kamisato Estate rushed to their aide.

"Release her!" They pointed their weapon towards the seemingly suspicious person with her.

"Woah, relax guys. This is Ajax." Lumine quickly jumped off to get in between them.

"Captain Ajax?" They softened their grip on their weapons but still not completely lowering them.

"Yes and he needs-"

Before Lumine could finish, a loud thud could be heard behind her.

"Ajax!" She rushed to the person behind her. Ajax, completely detransformed from his Foul Legacy form, lying on the ground on his stomach.

His breathing is weak.

His skin was noticeably pale.

He could barely keep his eyes open.

"Let's get you inside." Lumine said, slightly shaking.

This is the first time he's seen him in this condition. But then again it was probably his first time being in this bad of a condition in the first place.

"I'll just..." Lumine tried to lift him up.

Tried.

She couldn't. Her arms were shaking, her heart was racing, her eyes were tearing up.

She's worried. What was happening to him? What was going to happen to him?

He's not okay, that's for sure.

But what can she do?

"We'll help." The guards took initiative and helped Childe up. Them supporting him by the shoulder as they practically drag his feet to get to the room quickly.

Lumine could only follow them as she stared.

She felt weak. She didn't even experience anything that could've hurt her physically at that time.

She just felt... useless.

Immediately they were greeted by the caretakers who were at the vicinity, quickly preparing something for them as they settled in the recovery room.

"Starlight." Ajax called as he reached his hand out.

Lumine quickly held his hand.

"I'm sorry." He said, his voice weak. Lumine shook her head. "I used my delusion again."