Irodori Festival

Literature to be celebrated was the theme. Writers, poets and artists alike were coming from all around Teyvat, gathering in the small island of Ritou. Usually, the Irodori festival was only celebrated within Inazuma. But with the borders opening, the festival was a great way to show the world the works of The Five Kansen.

Though Inazuman by nature, Yae Miko figured that it would also be something that they can cater towards foreign literature enthusiasts.

As the event commenced more guests started coming. Lumine and the others greeted them at the docks with a smile.

A few familiar faces passed; friends from Mondstadt, like Albedo, Klee and a certain bard; and friends from Liyue, like the quite famous writer Xingqui and his group of friends.

"You really know a lot of people don't you?" Childe commented.

"Just a few." Lumine said.

"Just a few famous people!" Paimon then said proudly with a very smug face. Lumine simply gave Paimon a look.

"Hehe, it's true though!" Paimon said.

"Yeah, they're quite famous." Lumine said. "And so are we." She joined Paimon's smug look.

Childe couldn't help but laugh. "Should I start asking for your autographs then?" He joked.

"If you insist." Paimon said. The three laughed.

Unbeknownst to them, someone was approaching their group. A former Inazuman citizen, now turned wanderer.

"It seems that you are also here." Kazuha greeted. "Always a pleasure to see familiar faces amongst the crowd." He added.

"Kazuha! I didn't know you were coming!" Paimon greeted.

"I was invited, plus it's not everyday that I get to go on the Irodori Festival." Kazuha said.

"Oh, did Ayaka invite you?" Paimon asked.

"The Shirasagi Himegimi? No. I don't think it would be a personal invite from her to me. Though it is possible that it was from her since the sender was anonymous, I still think the chances are quite slim." Kazuha said.

"Oh, maybe it was Yae Miko who sent it. She's the one that came up with this whole festival anyway." Paimon said.

"Is this really an Inazuman tradition?" Lumine asked.

"It was, but it's been a while since it's been held. That's why I didn't hesitate on coming to participate when I got the invite." Kazuha said.

"Huh, so Yae Miko wasn't kidding about it being slowly fading." Paimon said. "But was it always this grand? If it were like this in the past how come people stopped doing this before?" She asked.

"I think there are a few changes I can spot. Mainly the new light novel section." Kazuha commented. "It's a good addition since we're having foreign guests participate in this festival." Kazuha added.

It's probably one of Yae Miko's ploys on how to sell more novels." Paimon whispered to Lumine, though, knowing Paimon, it wasn't more a whisper but just her commenting.

Lumine giggled at Paimon's side comment. It was probably true.

"On the bright side, you get to meet more of your friends because of it." Childe, who was quiet for quite some time, finally spoke up.

Lumine faced him and nodded. "You're right. That one's a great treat in and of itself." She said. "Which reminds me, Kazuha, you should come with us. I think you'll get along with them quite well."

"It would be my pleasure to meet more of your acquaintance." Kazuha said.

"You guys go ahead, I'll catch up." Childe said.

"Are you sure?" Lumine asked him with a concerned look on her face.

"I just wanna take another look around, you enjoy your time with your friends." Childe said.

Lumine and Paimon gave each other the look. "Paimon can come with Kazuha, you two can stay here and go around. You know, like a date." Paimon said.

Childe laughed while Lumine's face lit up. "I think a date like that would be more ideal when the lights will be up. It's not as romantic when it's day time." Childe said. Kazuha was nodding from the background.

"What's the difference?" Paimon asked.

"The mood." Childe shrugged. "Plus I was planning on walking around by myself to check which route we'll go for the date." 

"Ooh, well that makes more sense. You could've just told us from the start you know." Paimon said. 

"I think it was supposed to be a surprise Paimon." Kazuha laughed.

"Exactly, but nevermind about the surprise then." Childe said.

"Alright alright, we'll leave you and your scouting alone." Lumine said, face tinted pink. She's used to him teasing her but she still couldn't get used to him openly saying flirty things directed toward her. Acknowledging their now public relationship is still something she needs to get used to.

As they walked their way to where Xingqiu was, Lumine can already tell the smirk on Paimon's face. "Not a word about this to Ayaka." She said. 

***

It was quite known that the traveler was well-acquainted with many influential people. How well-acquainted was up to the others to perceive.

Albedo, being quite the well-known artist, was commissioned for an artwork to be displayed to the public in the center of the festival's vicinity.  He was with Klee when he went to Inazuma but they left her in Yoimiya's care.

One could only imagine how much excitement Xingqiu felt when he realized he was in the same room as Calx. Although Xingqiu kept his author identity from the public, it wasn't long until his best friends found out about it, namely Chongyun and Xiangling. Once Xiangling insisted that she wants to come with, he found himself bringing Chongyun along too.

Kazuha, well, his name is already quite well-known within Inazuma. Outside of it really depends whether or not they read that one article about him in the Steambird.

The Drunk Bard seems to be the most out-of-place yet fitting in quite well. Though, if one was to argue about his secret identity, then all of the people in the room would of course be humbled. Venti was chatting with everyone with ease, like he knew all of them already.  

Soon after the introductions, they all went to their respective agendas; Xingqiu with his book signing, Albedo with his art, Kazuha and Venti, well, the two went on their merry way admiring the festival's little intricacies. Paimon didn't want to be a third-wheel so she stayed with Xingqiu to chat around with Chongyun and Xiangling. 

And for the two, they did indeed walk around Ritou.

"You're right, the mood is different when it's night." Lumine said.

"Romantic isn't it?" Childe said.

"Maybe it's the lanterns." Lumine joked.

As they walked around, looking at various stalls and decors - that they more or less already know since they helped put them on - the two stayed silent. Walking around, hands intertwined with each other.

Only the bustling noises of the festival goers can be heard. It was lively around Ritou.

"It's not the route that you checked wasn't it?" Lumine asked.

Childe looked at her with a raised eyebrow. Lumine's eyes were looking straight at their path, she stopped walking then finally looked at him.

"Was he there?" She asked.

"No. Thankfully." Childe admitted.

"Then there's nothing for us to worry about." Lumine said, trying to lighten up the mood.

"Yeah." Childe smiled weakly. "For now."