Havoc: Annihilation

After a very exhausting training session, Childe did eventually tell the other soldiers of his now official relationship with the very famous traveler. Of course he was the type to boast of that occasion even though they technically didn't even meet the condition Childe gave.

They were of course no match for a former Harbinger. Even when they all went at him at once, they did not stand a chance.

They did come to a close call, almost being able to unarm Childe's weapon. It's a shame for them that he was a little too quick on his feet for them to outsmart him. But Childe commended him for being able to come that close.

"No wonder the Captain is extra inspired for today." A soldier said as they took a seat.

"Hah, if I had a lover as amazing as the legendary traveler I'd probably feel as motivated as Captain Ajax." Another said.

"Too bad there's only one of her." The soldier that spoke earlier said.

"And too bad she's already mine." Childe butted in the conversation.

The soldier, Tanaka, laughed. "Well if there's anyone more fit for her I would say Captain is the best candidate." He said.

Childe laughed. "I like how you think but that's not gonna earn you any brownie points from me. You're still doing the workout punishment." Childe said. The other soldiers laughed.

"No escaping from the 100 meter jog Tanaka." One of them teased. "It was worth the try." Tanaka said.

As they chattered amongst themselves before being dismissed, Childe noticed a strange presence around their premises.

"Alright, that's it for today's training so I hope you all regained your energy to get back home by now. You're all free to go, and maybe take a day off for tomorrow too since your body might need it after the sparring we all did." Childe said.

"Yes Captain." They all saluted before packing up and leaving the area one by one.

"Planning on a date tomorrow Captain?" Nakamura, the brave soldier who was the first to spar with Childe during the session, asked him with a teasing smile.

"Perhaps, perhaps not. Enjoy your rest day soldier." Childe patted his back.

Nakamura laughed. "Will do Captain." He said with a smile before running to catch up with another fellow soldier.

And as the last of them left, Childe then proceeded to patrol the area. Scanning for any anomalies.

Alas, there was none. But still, there was a lingering feeling that he was being watched.

***

"Ajax, you're back!" Lumine greeted with a smile. Paimon was hovering beside her, focused on the picture book she had on her hands.

"Anything interesting happen here?" Childe asked.

"Not much, Ayaka showed us her mother's novel collection. And Ayaka's illustration books from when she was young." Lumine explained, waving the book on her hand. "What about you?"

"Well we did a sparring session for today's training." Childe said.

"You didn't beat them up did you?" Lumine asked.

"Not too brutally, but they did all lose." Childe shrugged.

"Not too brutally?" Lumine raised an eyebrow.

"None of them came home bruised and badly injured if that's what you're concerned about." He said. Lumine kept her eyebrow raised. "Alright, maybe some of them came home bruised but nothing serious."