Tidal Wave

Araumi looked fair peaceful for place that was considered dangerous at the moment. In fact, it felt a little too peaceful. Usually there were ruin sentinels guarding the place, but it was clean of it.

"Do we have to wait until night time?" Childe asked, getting impatient.

"The sightings said night time so yes, we have to wait until night time." Lumine answered.

He groaned and sat back from his seat, or more like his area. They were sitting on a make-shift camp made of haybales they found scattered near them, most likely a nest made by someone else who used to camp there.

"You're free to hang out in the teapot if you want." Lumine rolled her eyes. "I told you it's not a fight right away thing."

"I know it's not, but we can wait for night somewhere else and come back here." Childe argued.

"That sounds like just wasting energy, I'd rather not." Lumine said.

"Alright then Ms. Energy-saving-mode, I'll help myself by scouting the place. I have energy to spare anyway." Childe said.

"Knock yourself out." Lumine said, in a dismissive tone.

***

Just as they agreed upon, or at least just as Childe wanted, Childe roamed around and "scouted" the place.

In reality though, he was just looking around the place, seeing that they're free to go on about their daily lives without the worry of Lumine's once wanted status. He wanted to at least travel around Inazuma with her.

Perhaps it was a bit much to ask, that's what Childe was thinking. Just when it was getting calmer around them, she takes another commission.

Perhaps that's just Lumine's way of living.

"Do you ever take a break?" Childe muttered to himself, looking back to catch a glimpse of the traveller.

He didn't really go far from where she was. He was worried that she might suddenly disappear out, like the "rip" might show up out of nowhere and take her. Again.

It scared him the first time. He saw her be taken right before his eyes. Though he knew that was part of the plan, she'll head to the so-called Plane of Euthymia and fight Inazuma's archon, he needed to know what was happening.

"Ajax?" Lumine called, looking around. He instantly walked his way towards her, then looked at the gateway looking thing they were keeping an eye on.

"Is it happening?" He asked the moment he was next to Lumine.

For a second Lumine looked surprised, for her he appeared out of nowhere after all. "Yeah." She said, as soon as she regained her cool.

"Something tells me this isn't the Shogun's doing." Lumine said, her focus directly on the gateway that started to glow.

Indeed, it looked as though it had electro on it. Then a small fog started to crawl out the gateway, the rip slowly showing.

A gateway to the stars. That's what it looked like.

"The abyss." Childe muttered, clearly amused.

Lumine looked at him, then to the gateway. Her breath hitched. "Aether."

***

One disaster after another. Breaks are rarely something the traveller takes. They only time she ever did take a break was when she was forced to go back to Liyue.

"Thoma, get the others back to safety. We'll hold them off." Lumine instructed. Thoma nodded and headed off.

"Is there anything I can help with?" Ayaka asked.