Return of the Hero

"Woah, we're really back!" Paimon said excitedly.

Lumine gave her a smile before turning back to the Captain whose chin was high up, looking on their path with great pride.

The captain sensed a pair of eyes on her and looked back. She gave Lumine a grin and a small nod.

"Guess I got lucky cause Captain Beidou let me back." Lumine told Paimon who was nodding.

"It's not just luck! Paimon believes in you and I'm sure Captain Beidou does too, that's why she let us back on board." Paimon reassured.

Lumine gave her a smile. "Thanks Paimon."

***

"Lumine, I'm happy to see you back." Kokomi greeted.

"Thank you. A little breather did help. I hope I didn't miss too much while I was away." Lumine said.

"Don't worry, we'll have you filled in about it in no time." Kokomi said.

She turned to her right to face the Resistance's General. "Gorou, if you will?"

The General quickly nodded his head. "Yes, Your Excellency." He saluted. "Worry not Traveler, I will personally escort you back to your troop's training camp as I tell you about the updates."

"Well then, I'll be in your care." Lumine bowed her head. Then turned back to Kokomi. "Thank you again, for letting me back in the ranks."

"Of course, I bid thee goodluck." Kokomi waved as Lumine and Gurou started to walk their way to the camps.

They took the paths to Bourou Village where most of the Swordfish II troops were left to train.

"It's really a relief that you're back here now." Gurou spoke up as they walked. "The others waited patiently for your return. It seemed your comrades has grown very fond of you." He added.

"Yeah, I hope they're not disappointed." Lumine said, her tone not so enthusiastic.

"They're not. If anything, it made them even more fired up." Gorou said.

"What?" Lumine looked at him confused.

"In the past few days that you were away, we managed to confiscate all the delusions that were distributed among our lines. Besides holding off the enemies, her Excellency deviced a plan where we can take turns on training ourselves more efficiently. The troops from your command led those trainings." Gorou said excitedly.

"You've taught them so much and it's proven that what you shared was very helpful, not just to them but the whole resistance." He added.

"That's great then, glad I was able to help in a way even in my absence." Lumine said. "Maybe I didn't even need to come back and help you." She joked.

"Don't say that! We still need you to lend us yoyr strength through this." Gorou said. "To be honest, we were spread quite thin while you were away. It's not everyday we come across a top-notch soldier like you."

Lumine laughed shyly. "Thank you. I'm just glad to be able to help."

"Is that the Swordfish II Captain?" Someone said. Lumine turned around to check who it was.

And to her surprise a group of soldiers greeted her with a salute. "Welcome back ma'am." They said in unison.

"At ease." She said, and they all relaxed.

"It really is Captain Lumine. We're so glad you're back!" One of them said and the others then joined in on greeting her with words somewhat similar to what the first person said.