Momiji Dyed Battle

(TW: mentions of blood)

"Aether." She softly called out, approaching the blond traveller who stood in the midst of the commotion.

"Lumine, it's you." Aether then walked over to her, signaling those who came to Lumine's way to stand down.

He noticed the armed copper haired man behind his sister and furrowed his eyebrows. "Friend of yours?" He asked.

"You can  say that." Lumine said.

"I didn't know you were acquainted with the Fatui." Aether said, almost giving a scoff.

"I'm not." Lumine said. "He's been dissociated with that group for quite some time."

"I see." Aether simply eyed Childe.

"Aether..." Lumine started, but was interrupted.

"Lumine, I know you have a lot to ask but I'm afraid the battlefield is not exactly the place to talk idly." Aether said. "I'm going to be honest, I didn't expect to run into you here."

"Then come with me and-"

"I'm afraid I can't do that just yet. We'll be together once more Lumine, just trust me." Aether began to march away, his army following right behind him.

"Aether!" Lumine reached out her hand. She let out a frustrated sigh and followed her twin.

"How about you explain all this to me now? Why make me wait?" Lumine asked, clearly beginning to get pissed off.

"Because you wouldn't understand." Aether said.

"Then make me understand. You're being so cryptic right now and I only want to know why you're avoiding me when all is for us to be back the way we were. Don't you trust your own sister to understand what it is you're planning?" Lumine said, matching the pace of Aether's walk.

Aether paused, the army of abyss simply going their way without waiting for him.

"Then don't you trust your own brother to know how his own plan is going to work?" Aether asked with a raised eyebrow.

Lumine was too stunned to speak. She simply stared at him.

It doesn't sound anything like her brother would say. It didn't feel like it was her brother she was talking to. And during that moment, she just stood there, not knowing what to say.

"I'll take that as a no. But don't worry, I still will explain later." Aether said going along, leaving the speechless Lumine behind with her back-up.

It just so happened that that back-up was not having any of what Aether was saying.

"Tch, like the plans of the abyss is too complicated for her to understand? Get a load of yourself." Childe scoffed.

Lumine looked at him wide eyed as Aether glared him daggers.

"No, Ajax, it's okay. I-I can wait." Lumine began to pull oh his shirt, trying to also calm herself down.

"No, you spent all this time doing a shit load of work just to get a clue on where this prick is and now that he's here he's telling you to wait some more? Like hell I'll be okay with that. If I were you I'd be fighting it off with him." Childe began to rant.

"Ajax." Lumine said in a more threatening tone, but alas she was just ignored.

"Alright Mr. Hot Shot, how this. I fight you and if you lost you give her the explanation she deserves." Childe stepped up to Aether.

"And if I win?" Aether crossed his arms, an eyebrow raised.

"Like the Abyss Prince is that hard to beat?" Childe laughed.