Vortex of Turmoil

Childe ran as fast as he can back to the Kamisato Estate.

He didn't bother going through the pathway, he just parkoured his way to ge through the Chinju Forrest. His heart was beating fast from both the excitement and all the running.

The moment he passed the gate he didn't even have to go any further. There she was, sitting in the pavilion with the Shirasagi Himegimi, having tea.

"Lumine?" He said, his nervousness building up.

Is it really her? Am I dreaming? Did she actually finally wake up?

She looked his way and smiled. She let a small wave and set her tea down the table.

"Is that... really you?" Childe said out loud as he approached them slowly, as if he was dragging his feet.

At first he was excited, but now that he was seeing her in person, it almost seemed too good to be true.

She giggled softly and then stood up. "Welcome back Ajax." Lumine greeted him.

Her voice, Childe missed hearing that a lot. It's been so long he almost forgotten. Almost.

"You're finally awake." Childe let out a sigh of relief, like a thorn has been plucked out.

No longer was he dragging his feet, he sprinted his way to Lumine and instantly gave her a big hug.

"I missed you." Childe said, his voice cracking.

"I missed you too." Lumine said. He felt her hug him back and his body felt like it would melt in an instant.

They stayed like that for a moment. Lumine could feel his heart beating as his chest was pressed against hers. Her hand traveled upwards to give him a pat on the head.

Childe simply burried his head on her neck, pulling her closer. Lumine's face flushed in an instant. "O-okay, that's enough hug for now." She said, pushing him away.

You can see the disappointment in Childe's eyes when they pulled away.

"Would you like to join us for some tea?" Lumine asked. "Don't drink too much though, we'll be having food afterwards." She said, holding his hand and leading him to the table.

The both sat down infront of Ayaka who greeted him.

"Maybe I should go and check on-"

"Wait Ayaka, what was the one you were talking about earlier?" Lumine called before Ayaka could successfully leave the two.

"Eh? I'm not sure what-"

"You know, the Shuumatsuban and Sayu and..." Lumine tried to say something, anything. She felt awkward being left alone with Childe at the moment even though she knows that's something Childe has been waiting for for a long time.

But after hearing the gist of everything from Ayaka, she felt a bit overwhelmed. Happy, but still feeling a bit guilty.

"We can talk about that later, didn't you say you were hungry? I'll ask Thoma if there's at least an appetizer for you to snack on." Ayaka said. Before Lumine could protest, Ayaka already left.

Then there was a short silence. A warm breeze passed through them and the sound of nature served as their background noise.

"Lumine..." Childe finally spoke up, though he didn't know the first thing to say. So he just left it at there.

Lumine felt him squeeze her hand, her response was intertwining their hands together. "Thank you Ajax, for staying with me all this time." She said, staring at their intertwined hands.