Hide and Seek

Lumine ended up looking for the said civilian near the vicinity of Tatarasuna. It wasn't an area most people would head to but she figured someone who isn't from Inazuma might end up going to.

"Are you sure they would be here? Paimon thinks we should go ask the town folk about it." Paimon said.

"Uh, in case you forgot Paimon we're technically wanted criminals around these parts." Lumine reminded.

"Oh, right." Paimon laughed. "Paimon forgot about that cause we were so welcome in Watatsumi." She said.

Lumine just gave her a look.

"Never mind that. Let's look for the civilian!" Paimon said floating ahead. Lumine chuckled a bit.

"Should we check Xavier's little shack?" Lumine suggested.

"Was that Xavier's?" Paimon asked.

"I don't know, probably. We always saw him there before." Lumine said as they walked to the said location.

Unbeknownst to them someone was lurking behind them. Someone with a  sinister smile.

They skillfully took out their blades quietly, ready to strike. And just then a loud thud was head, finally alerting the traveler and her companion.

Very quickly she drew her sword and turned to face the enemy only to see a young man with orange hair and white clothes standing on top of a fallen Fatui agent.

"You know I wasn't expecting our meeting here to be like this." He said.

"Childe?" Lumine looked at him, her expression a mix of surprise and confusion. Nevertheless her sword did not budge.

"Relax, I'm not here to hurt you." He said. "If anything you should be thinking of the opposite." He added as he glanced at the person he was stepping his left foot on.

"Oh man, I'm gonna be in big trouble when they find out about this." He muttered to himself.

"W-what are you doing here? Why- what the - did you follow me?" Lumine looked at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"Don't flatter yourself princess, but I actually had other matter to do here." Childe said.

"Then you came as my enemy." Lumine pointed her sword directly at Childe. He put both his hands up.

"That was the plan-" before he could finish, Lumine brought the sword closer. "-woah let me talk first." He backed away.

Lumine scoffed and pulled her sword back a bit, not putting it down.

"It was the plan but I realized I don't really like that plan." He said. "It's kinda in the way of my plan ruling with you." He said with confidence.

"What are you talking about?" Lumine looked at him with more confusion on her tone.

"Look if it makes this any simpler I came here as Ajax." He said, a bit of frustration in his voice.

Hearing that, the sword instantly vanished. "Alright. Talk."

***

"I don't think this is a good idea." Childe said.

"Paimon also thinks this isn't a good idea." Paimon agreed.

"Well I don't have other ideas." Lumine said, frustrated. "Are you gonna stay or not?"

"I am but I don't think introducing me to the rebellion will be a good idea." Childe reasoned. "Will they even trust me? You don't even fully trust me!" He pointed out.