Chapter 31 - positive

Hey I have been MIA again, which isn't exactly new to some of you guys ( most of you guys 😅) but I'm trying to keep up.

Also Happy Holidays, love you guys ❤️

Enjoy ☺️
<><><<~<~><><>>><><><<
Mila's POV:

"it seems that your urinal sample came back positive for the pregnancy test ..." this memory just kept playing over and over it's only been two days since and I just keep hoping that the first pregnancy test was false.

"Hey Doughless bought breakfast, come down to the main floor and grab something" Mia. " Hey you ok?" I have to answer "Hey, yeah I'm ok. Just thinking I'll be down in a minute" I replied.

Just then the alarm went off and I headed over to the bathroom to take the test, once done I washed my hands and went to the main floor.

"Hey look who's awake, come join us" Brett called out. They were all gathered around the kitchen table, eating from the containers that the food were packaged it. Fresh cut fruits in a large bowl and laughter shared.

Mia welcomed me, making a space at the table for me. All I could do was smile while their voices faded into the background.

"Hey boss, come join us." Brett said as Romeo walked in. " Can't. Mila may I speak with you ?" He asked the while staring at me. " yeah." I replied. "Alright, finish your breakfast first." He walked out leaving everyone quiet.

I wasn't sure if I saw it correct but I could've sworn I saw Ella look annoyed.

2 hours later

"Hey what's up with Ella?" I asked Mia, we were now in her room playing uno on the floor. "What do you mean?" She asked while placing down a block card. "Why is she suddenly so angry with me?" I asked. She put down her cards and sat up straight, "in all honesty I think something happened between her and Romeo."

" I'm not sure what, Your turn. But it must've been big because they don't speak unless it's for missions and even then he keeps her in the back"

" when did things go bad?" I asked. " When we were looking for you." She replied placing her card down.

I decided not to ask anymore questions and just play the game, it lasted 15 more minutes before I went back to my room because Mia had some errands to run for Gabe.

I had almost forgotten about the pregnancy test that was in my night stand. Just was I was about open the ziploc it was in there was a knock on my door " Mila, it's Romeo can I come in?" He called out from the other side of the door " yeah, come in " I answered back shoving the test under my comforter.

" Hey so I wanted to talk to you about the team, I'm going to terminate that contract. I don't think it's good for you to be out there so you'll stay around the house and we'll figure out something for you here. How do you feel about that." He seemed calm and collected, I had almost forgotten that he was talking to me. " Uhm yeah that sounds ok" I replied.

" I just don't have the time to train you one on one anymore things are way too hectic right now" talk about good timing. " yeah no don't worry about it I haven't been feeling too good anyways so I'm ok with being on the side" once he heard the words come out my mouth worry washed over his face for just a second then it was back to his icy glare .

Even angry he looked beautiful.

" ok I'll leave you be now, come to my office around dinner time so we can finalize it." And with that he left.

I could finally take a look at the test without any distractions.

Positive.

What do I do ? Do I tell him or handle it on my own. He doesn't have to know it'll just bother him.

I can't wait any longer the more I wait to get this done the less of a chance I have to do it.

I should take the other one tomorrow morning and if it's positive as well go see doctor lodge.

Soon dinner time rolled around and I was heading over to Romeos office to terminate the contract.

Before I could knock Mia came out, she gave me a soft smile and rushed down the stairs. " come in" Romeo called out.

The office was littered with paper on the couch and on his desk. He took a bite of his food not paying much attention to my presence then got up to close the door and gestured for me to take a seat. Once he was back in his chair he looked up and began talking.

" you know the reason why you're here, byt before I hand you the forms I'd like to know what's going on with you" he looked so serious.

His gaze made me shift in my seat.

" nothing is going on." Hopefully he wouldn't push. " why did you come home crying after seeing dr Lodge?" How was I supposed to answer with him just staring at me, it's impossible.

"nothing happened, can we just sign the papers." I asked looking down. I noticed him reach back and grabbed the Manila folder and handed it to.

" ok read through it and then sign where your name is then you can leave." He walked back over to his chair sat down and started to eat again.

Romeo's POV:

I sat down in my chair and began eating again as she read. 2 minutes passed and I stopped hearing the sound of turning pages so I looked up and she sat there so beautifully just staring.
" are you hungry?" I asked. She quickly snapped it of it and rushed to the last page to sign it. She placed it on the edge of my desk and tried quickly go for the door.

" sit down." I ordered. She slowly turned around and sat in her previous spot.

Mila's POV:

He got up with the container his food was in and grabbed one of the packed plastic fork and spoons in the take out bag. He placed the container on my lap and handed me utensils. " eat."

I looked up at him confused but he didn't say anything. He went back to his chair and continued his work while drinking whiskey.

I sat there for a few more minutes staring at him before he looked up and told me to eat before the food got cold.

I gave in and had a few spoon fulls then told him to eat the rest.

Romeo's POV:

" thank you, but you should eat too." She said before handing me the container still full with food.

" I'll let you get back to work. See you later?" She said. I nodded and waited for her to leave before I continued my work.

It was hard not to push her to tell me. I know it's ridiculous to say this but I don't think I'm ever going to stop loving her. She's so beautiful and forgiving, she can be so kind and she made me feel free! No one has ever done that.

But the reality of our situation is that she's in love with another man and even if she wanted me it's not going to happen anymore... I can't afford for her to be my weakness anymore.

———————————————————————-
I hope you enjoyed this chapter.📚

Please vote⭐️ and leave a comment❤️.

And thank you for reading