THREE

III

OBLIVION      . . .      𝑏𝘰𝘰𝑘 1
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
Rafe Cameron ━━━ CALLISTA MAYBANK
He soon learnt that in this world the only person he could really count on was the girl.

ACT ONE

━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Cal stirred awake, nuzzling closer to the warmth. She smiled as his large hand gripped the small of her back, pulling her on top of him. She didn't complain, instead she rested her head on Rafe's chest and listened to the steady beating of his heart.

His fingers began to trace small patterns on her back, making her relax into him. Her eyes slowly fluttered open, squinting due to the bright light. Only then did she realise what time it was.

"Fuck." Cal shot up and jumped out of the bed, pulling the duvet with her, making Rafe groan in response.

"What are you doing?" Rafe merely rolled over to where Cal was laid this morning, instantly being engulfed by the familiar vanilla scent. "Come back to bed."

Cal just ignored the boy and quickly rifled through her bag to find a change of clothes. It was midday and they had over slept. She threw the blanket back onto the bed as she changed.

"Sweetheart." Rafe crawled out of bed and walked over to the girl. His hands cupped her face and made her look at him. "How do you think you're getting out?"

"The door?" Cal spoke innocently, making Rafe chuckle softly.

"My family's home." He informed her, making them both fall silent for a moment, listening to the faint sounds of Ward shouting at someone down the phone and Wheezie singing Taylor Swift.

The girl groaned and rested her head on Rafe's chest. His fingers combed through her hair as he let go of a laugh, his hand dropped to her waist, pulling her closer to him.

"We're so gonna be caught." Cal mumbled into his bare skin.

Rafe pulled away, making the girl pout slightly. She watched as he walked towards his closet and pulled out a hooded sweatshirt and tossing it to her.

"Put it on and pull the hood up." Rafe instructed, making Cal nod submissively and pull on his sweatshirt. She let go of a giggle once she saw how big it was on her. "Cute." He didn't mean to say it, but the smile on her face after she heard him was worth it.

He walked over to the girl once again, his hand cupped her cheek and made her look up at him. Her blue eyes sparkled in the morning light, she looked so perfect.

Rafe connected their lips, making her hum in response, loving the way his lips tasted. They moved in a perfect sync, it was slower than their usual rushed kisses. He reluctantly pulled away and looked at the girl once again.

"There's gonna be a hurricane tonight." Rafe spoke up. "Where are you staying?"

Cal pondered upon the thought for a moment, she and JJ never stayed at home if there was a hurricane, mainly because they didn't want to be stuck with their dad for so long.

"Probably at John B's." The girl responded honestly.

Rafe didn't know about her dad and what he did to her, but he knew that she very rarely stayed at home, which was why he decided to ask. He liked to know her whereabouts and if she was safe.

He merely nodded with a clenched jaw. He couldn't stand the pogues, which was why he didn't understand the way that Cal made him feel. He didn't understand how a pogue could make him feel so alive.

"Let's get you outta here." Rafe mumbled, his hand linking with Cal's as he pulled her towards his door. He quickly unlocked it and snuck her down stairs.

"Who's this?" Sarah questioned as they were at the front door.

Cal pulled the hood further in front of her face, knowing that if Sarah found out, everyone would eventually find out. She didn't want anyone to know and neither did Rafe.

"None of your business." Rafe spat back, opening the front door for Cal. Before she could leave, he gripped her waist and pulled her back into his chest, leaning down to whisper, "Go get in my car, I'll drive you to wherever you wanna go."

Cal nodded, biting back a smile as she headed towards his car and climbed into the passenger seat. Her eyes widened once she saw Topper walking up the Cameron's drive. She lowered her head so that he didn't see her.

"Who's in the car?" She faintly heard Topper question.

"Last nights fun." Rafe responded back cockily, making Cal scoff in response, although she knew why he did it.

"Looks like she's got you whipped bro, you're gonna be her chauffeur." Topper teased, earning a middle finger from Rafe as he climbed into the car and started the engine.

He placed his hand on Cal's thigh as he began to drive down towards the cut. The ride was silent, neither of them spoke, instead the red headed girl played with the rings on Rafe's hands.

"Where do you wanna go?" Rafe spoke up, breaking the silence.

"Just drop me at The Wreck." Cal responded softly, bringing his hand up to press her lips against his knuckles. "Kie's working so I'll go and sit in the back with her."

Rafe nodded and took the next left, driving down the road until he got to The Wreck. He placed the car in park and turned to face the girl, who was about to pull his hooded sweater off.

"Keep it." He gave her thigh a small squeeze. "Give it me back next time." Cal nodded with a soft smile, one that showed off her dimples. "I'll see you soon, sweetheart."

He leant forward and connected their lips momentarily, not actually wanting to leave the girl he had become so fond of over the past year.

Cal pulled away and climbed out of the car, heading towards The Wreck. Rafe didn't let his eyes leave her as she walked away from him. He wanted to ensure that she got in the building with no issues.

The part that pained him the most was that he knew at some point they would have to stop this. They'd have to stop meeting up and having secret hook ups. He just didn't want that.

He liked having her as his little secret.

socials
instagram ~ vxidcameron & em.newman
snapchat ~ emilynewman1234
tik tok ~ vxidbucky & leeandhan