SIXTY NINE

LXVIV

OBLIVION      . . .      𝑏𝘰𝘰𝑘 1
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
Rafe Cameron ━━━ CALLISTA MAYBANK
She was his drug and without her he felt like he was going insane.

ACT TWO

━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Stay in the van." Rafe instructed, Cal nodded submissively. His large hand cupped her face, making her nuzzle into his palm. "Don't leave unless I tell you too."

Cal leant forward and pressed her lips against his, only for a second, but it meant everything. Rafe smiled into the kiss before pulling away and exiting the van.

The red head remained in her seat, anxiously chewing her nails. Wondering when Rafe was coming back or if he would be safe. She didn't trust the new people that he was working with.

Her eyes flickered around the warehouse, making sure that no one else would turn up unexpectedly. The girl jumped once she heard gun shots.

Cal's hand clamped over her mouth as she let out a quiet yelp. She didn't even hesitate in jumping out of the van and rushing to see if Rafe was okay and alive.

"I told you not to leave the van." Rafe snapped towards the girl, rushing to stand in front of her. The last thing he wanted was for her to get shot for wanting to see if he was okay.

"I heard-" Cal's eyes flickered to Renfield in the back of the van, slowly bleeding. "Oh God, we need to call an ambulance."

"Go wait in the van." Rafe turned to face Cal, his hands cupping her cheeks, forcing her to look at him. "Callista." Cal violently shook her head, her mind racing. "Go get in the van, I won't be long. Lock the doors and don't come out."

The red head nodded, rushing to the front of the van and closing the doors and pushing down the locks as instructed. She had tears running down her cheeks, knowing that there was a dead body in the storage container behind her.

She buried her head in her hands as she heard Limbrey shouting Rafe's name. She wanted to drown it all out. All of her emotions were heightened today from the argument with JJ about her dad leaving.

Rafe banged on the window, making Cal jump, but unlock the doors. He climbed in without a word, twisted the key to start the engine and drove off.

"He's dead, right?" Cal whispered, her voice hoarse.

Rafe nodded, pulling Cal closer to him. He hated how broken she looked. He hated that it was his fault for dragging her into his mess. All he wanted to do was to make her happy.

"Get some sleep, baby." Rafe whispered, allowing Cal  to rest her head on his lap. "You need sleep and we can talk about this when you're calm."

Cal didn't want to argue, so instead, she held his hand tightly and allowed herself to be engulfed by darkness.

Once back at the house, Rafe carried Cal out. He glanced down at the girl and gently placed a kiss on her temple. He liked how peaceful she looked when she slept. Her lips were parted slightly.

He placed her down on their bed, causing her to stir slightly. She hummed, causing Rafe to whisper,

"I'm just gonna shower."

Cal hummed once again, not really paying attention to what Rafe just said. Instead, she allowed herself to be engulfed by his familiar scent and the soft sheets of the bed.

Once Rafe exited the shower, he was met with Cal sat up, staring blankly at the wall.

"You're up." He whispered, sitting in front of her. He had got dressed in the bathroom, to make sure he didn't wake her up. "Baby-"

"You have a dead body in the back of the van." Cal whispered. "A dead body, Rafe I-"

"Hey, can you help me with my suitcase?" Wheezie popped her head around the door. Cal's eyes narrowed in on the girl and she tried her hardest to smile at her, but she couldn't even force it.

"I'm not your slave, Wheeze, I'm busy okay?" Rafe looked between the pair.

"I can't get it to close, okay? Will you just help me?" Wheezie asked again.

Cal reached forward and grabbed Rafe's hand. She wanted him to have a good relationship with his sister, it was important that he had that.

"Can you not do it yourself?" He asked.

"No, please?" She let go of a deep breath.

Rafe used his index finger to tilt Cal's head up to look at him. He pressed his lips against hers, desperately not wanting to even leave her at a moment like this. But there was things that needed to be done before they left.

"Pack your bags, don't take anything you don't need. Then stay with Wheezie, I've got to go out, but I'll see you later, okay?"

"Okay." Cal's voice was quiet, and if Rafe wasn't looking at her, he wouldn't have heard her speaking.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

socials
instagram ~ vxidcameron & em.newmann
snapchat ~ emilynewman1234
tik tok ~ thesaintsseries & leeandhan