SEVENTY FOUR

LXXIV

OBLIVION . . . 𝑏𝘰𝘰𝑘 1
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
Rafe Cameron ━━━ CALLISTA MAYBANK
No matter what happens, I'll always
choose you

ACT THREE

━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Cal stood at the door waiting for Rafe, who was just finishing packing his duffel bag for their trip to see Singh, the red head wasn't sure it was the best idea, but Rafe seemed pretty confident.

He kept trying to reassure her that he knew what he was doing, but the uncertainty that Cal felt was indescribable.

"Ready to go, sweetheart?" Rafe asked, putting his sunglasses on with a smirk. Cal hummed in response, following the boy out of their bedroom.

His eyes flickered up and down her once again, causing a blush to rise to her cheeks. No matter how many times he checked her out, it still caused her stomach to flip.

"Come on, Rafe. You don't even know this guy." Rose spoke from downstairs. "You can't just go out and try  and make a deal, Rafe. That's so risky."

The blonde haired boy placed the duffel bag down, grabbing the card and removing his sunglasses to read over the details again.

"I can't?" Rafe raised his brows, a cocky smirk forming on his face.

"I know you think you know what you're doing but there are people out there that know your dad is alive." Rose continued, Cal sat up on the chest of draws that sat outside of hers and Rafe's shared room. "No. Not just people, pogues."

"Pogues. Pogues. Listen, they can't prove it. They don't know where we are." Rafe shrugged.

His eyes flickered over to Cal, who's head lowered guilty. She was technically a pogue. Rafe walked over to the girl, cupping her cheek and pressing his lips against hers, just for a split second.

Cal smiled at the boy. But she couldn't help but wonder how JJ was.

"Sarah does."

"Oh Sarah does! Listen, Sarah's not gonna do shit, Rose." Rafe shouted, walking back into the bedroom again. "She's too afraid, and if the pogues show up, I'm just gonna handle it." He walked back out, placing a jacket into the duffel bag.

"You'll handle it?" Cal questioned, wondering what he meant by that.

Rafe's eyes flickered over to the girl sympathetically. He didn't exactly know what he meant by that. Especially knowing that even though JJ and the others hurt Cal, that she still cared deeply for all of them.

"When have you ever handled anything for us?" Rose shouted.

Cal knew that it wouldn't be long before Rafe snapped. He had a short temper, and they'd been working on it over the past month. And admittedly, it had gotten better since Ward wasn't around, but he still got angry when pushed.

"Rafe everything you touch turns to -"

"Hey!" Rafe slammed his hands down on the banister. "Listen, I'm gonna sell the cross that I found. Okay? That I saved, and when Dad wakes up he's gonna see that I took care of it. Not you."

Rose nodded in response, taking another sip of her alcoholic beverage. Cal slowly walked over to Rafe, her hand resting on his rapidly rising and falling chest.

Rafe wrapped his arm around Cal, pulling her into his chest. Instantly calming due to how close she was. She was his anchor.

"So, why don't you go have yourself another Tom Collins and me and my girl go make us all a shit ton of money? Okay?" Rafe's eyes sparkled in the bright light.

Rose threw her glass at the banister, causing Cal's eyes to widen but Rafe didn't even bat an eyelid. Instead he smirked and said,

"You missed." He pulled away from Cal to grab their bags. "Maybe you don't need another drink."

Cal followed after Rafe, running her hand over her red summer dress. She liked wearing this dress, mainly because of the attention that Rafe gave her in it.

"Bye Wheeze." Cal whispered to the girl, who was stood in the door of her own bedroom. Wheezie offered a small wave in response and a closed lip smile.

socials
instagram ~ vxidcameron & em.newmann
snapchat ~ emilynewman1234
tik tok ~ thesaintsseries & leeandhan