ELEVEN

XI

OBLIVION      . . .      𝑏𝘰𝘰𝑘 1
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
Rafe Cameron ━━━ CALLISTA MAYBANK
He soon learnt that in this world the only person he could really count on was the girl.

ACT ONE

━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Home wasn't exactly where Cal wanted to be, especially since JJ wasn't there and her dad was, but home appeared to be where she was.

Cal sighed once she saw the abundance of beer bottles littered in her hallway. Instinctively, she began to pick them all up until she couldn't carry anymore. She headed towards her kitchen and placed the bottles on the kitchen side.

The girl jumped once she heard the loud snores from her father, making her close her eyes and take a deep breath before heading into the living room to see him.

She grimaced as she kicked a few beer bottles over, causing them to cling together and make Luke stir awake. She tried to slowly back away from the living room in hopes that he would just go back to sleep, but instead she heard him call,

"Callista."

Cal froze in her spot, she turned and face her dad, who didn't seem impressed at the fact that she had woke him. He also didn't look sober, since the second he stood up, he began to sway.

"I need you to get my drugs." Luke ordered.

"I'm not getting your drugs, dad." Cal shook her head. "I'm not a mule." She spat.

Luke always got the girl to buy his drugs, apparently a girl buying them would be less likely to get caught. It's why it was always her and not JJ.

"Excuse me?" Luke scoffed. "Who do you think you're talking too?" He puffed his chest out and stepped forward, so that he was closer to the girl.

Cal flinched back as Luke just raised his hand. He let go of a sickening laugh. The girl gulped down and looked up to her father once again, his eyes had turned cold and his face was expressionless.

"Go fetch my drugs. Barry's expecting you." Luke repeated, his breath hitting her face making her grimace at the smell of alcohol.

"I said n-" Cal didn't get to finish what she was say before Luke backhanded the girl across the face.

The red head stepped back, her hand instinctively flying up to her cheek that was now burning. Tears stung her eyes, threatening to spill.

She was used to her fathers aggressive nature, after all she had dealt with it for long enough. She was just glad that JJ wasn't there to witness it. Normally the siblings tried to take the beatings for the other, although then Luke just took his anger out on the both of them.

"You will get my drugs." Luke seethed, spitting as he spoke.

"I said no." Cal shouted, she hated bringing her dad drugs, usually because he made her pay for them with the money she had earned from her job. She couldn't afford to keep the lights on and buy drugs for her dad.

Luke ran his hand over his face, growing more and more agitated with his daughter. His eyes narrowed onto her, she looked so much like her mother, which only angered him more. He roughly grabbed her biceps and dug his fingers into her skin.

"One way of another, you'll be getting these drugs." Luke pulled the girl with him.

"I don't want too-"

"I don't fucking care." Luke snapped, opening the passenger door of his pickup truck and throwing the girl in, making her slam her head against the window.

Cal winced and brought her hand up to her head, which had began to bleed. She knew better than to cry, after all if she showed her father any sort of emotion when he was hitting her, he would only go harder.

"We're going to Barry's and you're gonna go inside with me and get the drugs." Luke started the engine and drove towards Barry's.

Luke kept looking across at his daughter, hating that she was so disobedient and refused to listen to him. He cared for his kids, but his anger always got the better of him and sometimes he couldn't help himself.

Cal was thankful that JJ wasn't with them, she knew that he would have offered to go and get the drugs for their dad instantly, just to take the heat off of her. She did wonder where the boy was and hoped he was safe. Since the hurricane cut the power, she wasn't able to call or text him to see if he was safe, so she was just thankful that he would be with the pogues.

"Get out." Luke spoke coldly once he pulled up at the caravan that Barry lived in.

The red head let go of a groan, which didn't seem to sit well with Luke, since he raised his hand as slapped her across the cheek once again. Cal gasped and couldn't help but let the tear roll down her cheek, quickly wiping it away before he could see.

"I said get out." Luke repeated, opening the door and climbing out of the truck.

"Aye, Luke's brought us a little play thing." One man shouted as he clap his hands together.

Cal just showed him her middle finger, not caring if she earned a beating from her father, she wasn't going to let anyone talk about her like that.

"She's a bit young for you isn't she, Lukey?"

"She's his daughter you idiots." Barry spoke as he slapped around the back of the men's head. "Come inside." He motioned, placing his hand on the small of Cal's back, making her squirm slightly.

"Don't touch me." Cal snapped, moving away from Barry.

"Don't be rude." Luke snapped, grabbing his cocaine and looking around at everyone. "She'll pay. Make your own way back." With that, he walked out of the caravan and left the girl alone with Barry.

socials
instagram ~ vxidcameron & em.newman
snapchat ~ emilynewman1234
tik tok ~ vxidbucky & leeandhan