SEVENTY SEVEN

LXXVII

OBLIVION      . . .      𝑏𝘰𝘰𝑘 1
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
Rafe Cameron ━━━ CALLISTA MAYBANK
No matter what happens, I'll always
choose you

ACT THREE

━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Rafe hadn't let go of Cal's hand the whole time, he could feel her shaking beneath him and he just wanted to offer the girl some comfort.

Cal removed her shoes before stepping on the boat, it was something that Rafe had told her was necessary for a new boat, to keep it all shiny.  The red head told him that it was some kook shit, but then Rafe reminded her that as long as she's with him, she's a kook too.

"Go sit down, sweetheart." Rafe whispered, pressing his lips against the girls.

Cal nodded, she went to grab one of Rafe's sweaters and pulled it over her head. It was better than the pyjama set that she was currently wearing. She was instantly engulfed by his scent and a smile formed on her face.

"Okay, we should have enough juice to get us to Saint Lucia, no problem." Rafe announced as he untied the boat from the dock, his eyes flickering back to Cal. "Hey, get in the boat. Kie."

"You're not gonna pull anything, if I get in?" Kie questioned anxiously, her eyes flickering between Cal and Rafe.

"No, I'm not gonna pull anything, okay? I'm trying to do you a solid here." Rafe responded, he wanted to get the fuck out of the Bahamas and get somewhere safe. "You really wanna be back there with Singh, or do you wanna be somewhere safe? Can you please help me with the bowline?"

Kie climbed onto the boat and headed over to where Cal was. Cal's lips parted slightly, it was the first time they had been alone, so Cal knelt down beside Kie.

"Is he alive?" Cal whispered as unshed tears stung her eyes.

The brunette girl just stared at Cal, her jaw clenched and her eyes turned emotionless. Kie didn't owe anything to Cal. Cal betrayed them, she betrayed all the pogues. And that included JJ.

She wasn't good enough to be in his life.

"Kiara, is my brother alive?" Cal's heart was beginning to race, the idea of JJ been dead was something she never wanted to imagine.

Kie pursed her lips, she had a thousand thoughts running around her head. At one point, Cal and her were best friends, the two girls in the middle of the boys. They were the sensible ones with a strong heart. But now, now Kie couldn't even look at her.

Cal felt angry to Kie, whilst she was in hospital she never once visited. JJ barely called and she could only put that down to their obsession with finding the gold. At least Cal could say that Rafe stopped looking once he found out she was in hospital. He prioritised her.

"Oh God-" Cal's voice cracked, her shaky hands came up to cover her mouth. Tears rolled down her cheeks. "He's dead-"

"Cal?" Rafe shouted, looking at her beside Kie. "Sweetheart?"

The boy instantly rushed down, just in time to see Kie push Cal overboard. Rafe didn't hesitate in jumping into the water alongside Cal, he quickly wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her into him.

"He's alive." Kie shouted. "Not that you deserve to know." She rushed towards the wheel.

The relief that Cal felt was indescribable. JJ was alive and that was all she wanted to know. JJ was alive and hopefully safe. No matter what he had done in the past, JJ was still her brother. She still loved him.

"Hey Kie! Where you going?" Rafe shouted, his eyes flickering over Cal, to make sure that she was okay. "You don't know what you're doing."

Rafe's chest was heaving, he pointed towards the dock, making Cal nod and swim alongside the boy. Rafe lifted her up and helped her onto the land, before pulling himself up.

"Who's alive?" Rafe questioned, cupping the girls face. She still seemed shell shocked. Only now he wasn't sure if it was because of Jimmy or whatever Kie had told her.

"JJ." Cal whispered, reaching to grab his spare hand. "He's alive."

The boy wetted his bottom loop with his tongue and nodded. He let go of a small hum and tried to steady his breathing. Although he didn't care about JJ, Cal did and this was important to her.

"That's good." Was all he could muster.

A smile formed on Cal's face, she rested her head against Rafe's and let go of a sigh.

"But we'll get Kie back for what she did, I promise you."

Rafe smirked in response, he pressed his lips deeply against hers. His hands gripping her tightly, he wanted her as close to him as possible.

"Welcome to the darkside, sweetheart."

socials
instagram ~ vxidcameron & em.newmann
snapchat ~ emilynewman1234
tik tok ~ thesaintsseries & leeandhan