FIFTY EIGHT

LVIII

OBLIVION      . . .      𝑏𝘰𝘰𝑘 1
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
Rafe Cameron ━━━ CALLISTA MAYBANK
She was his drug and without her he felt like he was going insane.

ACT TWO

━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Cal hummed once she was woke up to Rafe's gentle kisses against her bare skin. Her eyes slowly fluttered before she turned to face the boy.

Rafe had a beaming smile on his face, which made the girls heart melt. Her hands rested on his chest as she looked up at him. Her green eyes sparkling in the morning light.

The couple were truly at peace. They were happy to be in one another's company again without any worries. Well, that was until they had to leave the bedroom.

"Good morning, sweetheart." Rafe's voice was hoarse. Cal wet her lips before leaning up to press her lips against his.

His lips were still swollen from last night and it made them look even more kissable. Rafe didn't hesitate in gripping the girls waist and pulling her into him, making her hum into response.

"I've missed waking up like this." Rafe admitted when he pulled away from Cal. His eyes softened once he saw the smile on her face.

"Me too." Cal whispered back. "But I have something I want to ask you."

Nervously, Rafe nodded. He didn't want to say anything incase it put the girl off. He reassuringly smiled towards her and traced patterns on her lower back.

"I want to see Luke." She stated adamantly, she wanted to prove to him that she was stronger than what he originally thought.

She wanted to show him that she wasn't weak like he said. She wasn't unloved. But most of all, she wanted to show him that she wasn't dead and that he was still behind bars.

"No. No way." Rafe scoffed, climbing out of bed and pulling on a pair of joggers. He grabbed a random shirt and threw it towards Cal.

Frustratedly, the girl pulled the shirt over her head and rushed over to Rafe before he left the bedroom. She placed her hands on his heaving chest, making him look down to her.

"I want to see him, Rafe." Cal raised her voice slightly.

"If you think that I'm going to let you out of this house, you must be out of your God damn mind." His eyes had darkened.

It was something that Cal hadn't seen in a long time. His anger seemed to disappear the longer they were together, but now, now it seemed to be back.

"Oh, and you think you control me?" The red head scoffed, her hands lowering back to her sides. "That's a joke." She paused. "You're a joke."

She quickly opened the door and stormed down the hallway. Anger was building up inside her with the fact that he was trying to control her. That's not who he was. He wasn't a toxic person. Not usually anyway.

"Where the fuck are you going?" Rafe shouted. He clenched his jaw once she ignored him, so he raised his voice again and slammed his fist against the wall. "CALLISTA!"

Cal jumped and froze in her spot. It was the angriest she had ever heard him. She closed her eyes and let go of a shaky breath, she could feel her hands shaking and her heart racing.

Just in that singular moment, Rafe reminded her of Luke.

The one person he promised he'd never become.

Rafe instantly regretted his actions. He came up behind the girl and wrapped his arms around her shoulders. He noticed the way that she stiffened, especially when Wheezie's door opened.

"Is everything okay?" Wheezie questioned, looking between the couple. She hadn't ever heard Rafe shout at Cal, so she wanted to go check on her.

"Everything's fine, little dove." Cal smiled, attempting to reassure Wheezie. "Why don't you find a film for us to watch later? I've just got something to do first, then girls night in?"

A smile lit up on Wheezie's face, which made the girl's heart stop raving. She liked that Wheezie still had some innocence surrounding her, especially since she grew up in such a toxic household.

Without saying another word, Wheezie closed her bedroom door and Rafe pressed his lips against the back of Cal's head. It was his way of apologising.

"I'm going, Rafe." Cal span around to face the boy, who now had tears in his eyes. "You're not stopping me. No matter what you say, no matter what you do, I'm going to see Luke."

Defeatedly, Rafe nodded. He knew that he couldn't make choices for her. But with everything that had happened recently. He couldn't bare to let her out of his sight.

After last night, seeing John B and the pogues. An anger filled him that they were all partying again and they still hadn't called about Cal. They were bad friends. He was disgusted that she called them family at one point.

He was sure that if he saw JJ last night, that he would have shot him.

"I'm sorry." Rafe whispered. "For shouting, and trying to tell you what to do."

Cal nodded, thankful for his apology. He gave his bicep a light squeeze, silently telling him that she forgave him, despite the fact that she was still a little bit shook up.

"Can I come with you?" He asked hopefully, the girl smiled and nodded in response. She knew having him there would not only make him feel better, but her too.

She wasn't exactly ready to face Luke, but she knew that it was something that she had to do.

socials
instagram ~ vxidcameron & em.newman
snapchat ~ emilynewman1234
tik tok ~ vxidbucky & leeandhan