SIXTY SEVEN

LXVII

OBLIVION . . . 𝑏𝘰𝘰𝑘 1
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
Rafe Cameron ━━━ CALLISTA MAYBANK
She was his drug and without her he felt like he was going insane.

ACT TWO

━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Cal waited in Rafe's room whilst he went to talk to Rose. It was when he came back that she didn't know what to do with him. His knuckles were bloodied and his chest was heaving. The red head had heard shouting happening between Rafe and Rose, but she knew better to get involved between the two.

"Let me clean you up." Cal spoke softly, lightly gripping Rafe's bicep as she guided him to the en-suite.

Rafe jumped up on the countertop, Cal standing between his legs as she damped a cloth to clean the blood from his knuckles. Rafe hissed when it made contact, his spare hand gripping Cal's waist, making her whimper.

Cal gave the boy a warning look as he smirked at her, turned on by the whimpering. Rafe muttered something under his breath, that Cal didn't hear, so she continued to clean his knuckles.

"What was she shouting about?" Cal asked softly, looking up at the boy through his lashes.

"We're bankrupt. The golds gone too." Rafe whispered.

The red head girl nodded, she knew that to Rafe losing all the money and gold was a huge thing, but growing up poor meant that she didn't really value money or gold. She valued things and people.

"I'm sorry." She whispered. Her fingers combing through Rafe's hair soothingly. "We'll figure something out together, I promise."

Silence fell upon the pair, making Cal lean up and press her lips against Rafes. The boy hummed, leaning in to deepen the kiss.

"I need to tell you something." Cal pulled away. "And I did that so you wouldn't be mad."

Rafe leant back against his chester draws, releasing the girl from his grip and crossing his arms. He nodded, waiting for her to continue.

"JJ text." She admitted, making the boy scoff in response. "He asked me to go to this bonfire tonight."

"What did you say?" Rafe's jaw clenched and an anger burned inside him. When Cal didn't answer, he stood upright, his brows frowning. "Did you say yes?"

"No, I haven't responded, but I think I want to go-"

"No you don't." He instantly shut down.

Cal stepped back, looking at the boy in shock. She felt a pang in her heart at the fact that he wasn't willing to support her in going. She hadn't had a real to chance to talk to her brother, and they had alot to talk about.

"But-"

"No buts Cal, he's not a good person and he's certainly not a good brother. He fucking left you in hospital. He didn't visit. He didn't know you were awake. I'm not letting him near you ever again." Rafe shook his head, turning his back to the girl, trying to take deep breaths.

He didn't want to get too angry in front of her, he loved her and the last thing he wanted was to lose her.

"I know that-" Cal was once again cut off by Rafe.

"I mean, do you want him to hurt you again, like last time?" Rafe's voice was low, and had an anger to it. "You cried on me for weeks. Saying that he didn't love you. That he didn't care."

Cal's eyes brimmed with unshed tears. His words cut deep, but she knew that they were the truth. She was broken when JJ didn't call or text or even go to the hospital to see her.

The girl nodded, her knees buckling from beneath her as she fell down to the floor. She didn't want to argue anymore, she just wouldn't go.

"Cal-"

"Please just leave me alone, Rafe." She whispered gently, pulling her legs up to her chest.

Rafe went and sat behind the girl, pulling her back into him. His hands gripped her biceps, he didn't mean to hurt her.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart." He whispered. "I just love you, I don't want anyone to hurt you ever again."

Cal turned to face the blonde with tear stained cheeks and bloodshot eyes. The boy looked at her sympathetically, his hand cupping her cheek before gently pressing his lips against hers.

"He's still my brother, Rafe. And even if he doesn't care about me, I care about him." Cal admitted, looking up at him through her lashes.

"You're too good for this world, Callista Maybank."

socials
instagram ~ vxidcameron & em.newmann
snapchat ~ emilynewman1234
tik tok ~ vxidbucky & leeandhan