SIXTY ONE

LXI

OBLIVION . . . 𝑏𝘰𝘰𝑘 1
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
Rafe Cameron ━━━ CALLISTA MAYBANK
She was his drug and without her he felt like he was going insane.

ACT TWO

━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Cal wasn't exactly sure how everything happened. All she remembered was waking up to loud banging whilst she was asleep on Wheezie's floor. She had asked the girl earlier if they could have a sleep over in her room since Rafe text her saying that he wouldn't be back until the morning.

When she went downstairs, she saw the agents raiding the house saying that they had a warrant for Rafe. And now, she was sat in Wards office across from Agent Bratcher.

"Where's Rafe?" Agent Bratcher questioned. He had a voice recorder sat on the table and a pen and paper in his hands.

"I don't know, I've just woke up and you have my phone." Cal responded in a snarky tone. She wasn't going to give the agent the time of day.

For one, he had just woke her up and she wasn't exactly a morning person. Two, she loved Rafe and even if she did know where he was, she wouldn't tell them.

"Why are you here?" Cal questioned curiously, leaning forward and placing her head in her hands.

Her brow quirked up and the detective let go of a small chuckle. He found the young girl amusing, he could see her being a detective some day.

"I think it's me who should be asking the questions." He responded.

"I'll tell you what, agent." Cal ran her tongue over her bottom lip, trying her hardest to bite back a smirk. "I'll answer a question if you do."

Bratcher thought about the deal for a moment. That way he would get his answers but also she would get to ask a question. Overall, it would make her more cooperative so he said,

"Deal."

"Why are you here?" Cal questioned again.

She didn't want to give Bratcher a chance to ask her a question first. She wanted to show him that in reality, she had all the power today.

"We have an arrest warrant for Rafe Cameron." Bratcher decided not to go into specifics. He didn't want to give away too many details incase Cal did get back in touch with Rafe.

Cal tried not to let her breath hitch. She didn't want to appear worried incase that made Rafe look more guilty. She wasn't going to let him go to jail. She would happily frame Ward if it came to it.

"How come you're living at the Cameron's?" Bratcher raised a brow.

"I have multiple reasons." Cal paused, she knew that wasn't exactly an answer so she continued. "One, I was nearly beat to death by my father so going back home doesn't exactly give me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Two, my brother hasn't contacted the hospital in weeks to check if I'm still alive, so I don't feel like confronting him either. And Three, I love Rafe."

Bratcher hummed in response. He jotted down some notes which made Cal anxious. She began to nervously bite the inside of her cheeks.

"Why are you arresting Rafe?"

"We have proof that he killed Peterkin." He spoke confidently, something that Cal hated.

She wondered what proof that they had and if it was something that she would be able to pin on Ward instead. Cal wasn't a selfish person, but she would choose the love of her life over his father.

"Why do you seem nervous, Callista?" Bratcher questioned.

"Because you've just said you have proof for a murder that my boyfriend didn't even commit." Cal responded snarkily. "Makes you wonder doesn't it?"

Bratcher hummed in response. He ran his hand over his face. He was getting frustrated at the fact that Cal wasn't giving him anything useful.

"Where we're you the night of Peterkin's murder?" Bratcher questioned.

"I was in a coma." Cal hissed threw her teeth. "Luke I said, my dad nearly beat me to death." She leant forward cockily. "You have my full permission to go through my hospital records if you don't believe me."

The man nodded in response. He vaguely remembered Shoupe saying something about the girl being in hospital, but he just wanted to check all the boxes.

"Can I go now? There's a thirteen year old girl out there that's probably scared shitless cause you officers are fucking awful at communicating."

Unwillingly, Bratcher nodded. He wanted to ask more questions but he knew that if he wanted her to cooperate in the future, he would have to let her think that she had the control.

Cal abruptly stood up, her seat scraping against the floor. She shot Bratcher a sarcastic smile before exiting the room. Her eyes flickered around at the mess that the officers had made.

"Cal!" Wheezie rushed down the stairs and threw herself into Cal's chest.

The red head wrapped her arms around the girl. One hand cupped the back of her head. She could feel the girl shaking, she must be so confused and scared. Her life was being tipped upside down and ripped apart right in front of her eyes.

"What's going on?"

"They have an arrest warrant for Rafe." Cal responded honestly, her eyes locking with Shoupe's. "Go to your room, little dove. I'll be up soon."

Wheezie pulled away and nodded, rushing back up the stairs and to her bedroom. Shoupe waited until Wheezie was gone to advance towards Cal.

"He didn't do this Shoupe." Cal whispered. "You have to know that he wouldn't do something like that."

"That's not what your brothers saying." Shoupe held his head up high.

He couldn't help but have a soft spot for the girl. After all she had been through with Luke, she deserved some sort of happiness and it seemed as if Rafe brought her that happiness.

"Are you willing to testify against him?"

Cal sucked in a sharpe breath. There wasn't anything that Cal wouldn't do for Rafe. So she responded,

"Yes. I am."

socials
instagram ~ vxidcameron & em.newmann
snapchat ~ emilynewman1234
tik tok ~ vxidbucky & leeandhan