SEVEN

VII

OBLIVION      . . .      𝑏𝘰𝘰𝑘 1
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
Rafe Cameron ━━━ CALLISTA MAYBANK
He soon learnt that in this world the only person he could really count on was the girl.

ACT ONE

━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Cal stumbled into Pope once she headed towards the keg, trying to get another drink. This was the first time she had seen him tonight, as for the others she was yet to see them.

"I am very drunk." Cal wrapped her arms around Pope's shoulders to steady herself. "Will you pour me another?"

Pope shook his head, there wasn't any way he was gonna let Cal continue drinking when she could barely even hold herself up right. JJ would kill him if he allowed her to continue drinking.

"No way, let's find JJ?" Pope suggested as he looked around for the familiar boy. His eyes landed on JJ, who was stood beside John B and guided Cal towards him. "Your sister."

"My sister." JJ opened his arms for his younger sister. He pulled the girl into his chest and chuckled before shouting, "We are family."

Cal chuckled at her brother and pulled away from him, but not before she took his drink and downed the contents without even grimacing at the strong taste.

"What is she doing here?" Kie questioned as she looked towards Sarah in disgust.

The red head stepped forward and rested against the tree as she looked at Sarah and Topper. They were a seemingly perfect couple. Both looked like they were made for one another.

"I invited her." Cal lied, Sarah was risking a lot for her, the least Cal could do was pretend that she invited Sarah to the boneyard.

"Why?" Kie scoffed in disbelief.

The pogues all knew that Kie didn't like Sarah. Although she would never tell them the real reason as to why.

"She's my friend." Cal shrugged as she skipped off to go and say hello to Sarah, to make their lies seem more believable.

The girls instantly wrapped their arms around one another as if they had been friends for life. The interaction caused a few odd looks from their friends but they dismissed it.

"Rafe's waiting in the car for you." Sarah whispered into the red heads ear.

Cal pulled away with a cheesy grin, Sarah nodded. Cal was good for Rafe, she grounded him and kept him in a good place. Sarah hadn't seen her brother smile so much until now.

The red head made her way over to her brother, wanting him this time to know that she was leaving the boneyard and wasn't returning home so that he could stay and enjoy himself.

"JJ." Cal grabbed her brother's bicep and made him spin around to look at her. "I'm leaving, a friends come to pick me up."

"So you're not going home?" JJ had quickly sobered up, his smile fell and he became more serious. He was worried about his sister, she rarely went home and he was more than thankful that she didn't.

Cal reminded Luke of their mother too much and like JJ she got a fair few beatings for that. So, the girl had learnt to sofa surf and avoid contact with him as much as she possibly could.

"No, and I don't think you should either." Cal whispered softly as she looked up to her brother. He anxiously scratched the back of his neck before looking around.

The girl looked around and her eyes landed on John B making her smile, she signalled him over, which he happily skipped over. Cal furrowed her brows at the boy but shrugged it off nonetheless.

"JJ's staying at yours tonight, okay?" Cal didn't even give John B an option. She didn't like it when JJ went home and she wasn't there. It felt like she couldn't protect him and she hated that.

"Cool." John B nodded, threw his arm around Cal's shoulders and pulled her into his side. "You staying too?"

"No," Cal chuckled nervously. "no, a friends grabbing me."

John B allowed a teasing smile to form on his face as he looked down at the girl, who was practically like his sister. He had known the Maybank siblings since the 3rd Grade and they had been pretty much inseparable ever since.

"Is this friend a special friend?" John B teased, making JJ pretend to vomit.

"Oh, JB, go ogle at Sarah Cameron some more and then get back to me." Cal playfully tapped John B's chest. "I'll see you both later, love you!" She shouted as she rushed up to the parking lot.

She swung open the passenger door and climbed into Rafe's car. He dropped Sarah and Topper off, claiming that he was heading that way anyways, but in reality he just wanted to see Cal again and make sure that she was okay.

"Hey." Cal smiled once she saw the boy, his hands rested loosely on the steering wheel, his fingers tapping a faint tune that went along with the music. Everything seemed calm.

"Hey, sweetheart." Rafe turned and face the girl. "Did you enjoy the party?"

"It would've been better if you were there." Cal mumbled as she leant closer to Rafe with a playful smile.

"I wouldn't be seen dead at a pogue kegger." Rafe chuckled, quickly pressing his lips against Cal's before leaning back in his seat and starting up his car.

Cal furrowed her brows, wondering what was so bad about a 'pogue kegger' and how different it would've been to a kook party. She decided to not say anything, instead she just turned to face the front.

"I'll take you to a proper kegger soon." Rafe placed his hand on the girls thigh, giving it a small squeeze before driving towards his house in complete silence.

socials
instagram ~ vxidcameron & em.newman
snapchat ~ emilynewman1234
tik tok ~ vxidbucky & leeandhan