FORTY THREE

XLIII

OBLIVION . . . 𝑏𝘰𝘰𝑘 1
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
Rafe Cameron ━━━ CALLISTA MAYBANK
He soon learnt that in this world the only person he could really count on was the girl.

ACT ONE

━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Cal placed the box of letters on Rafe's bed, with the final letter she wrote to Rafe gently placed on top. Inside the box was every day since she was ten. She let go of a shaky breath as she walked away from the box.

Her hands traveled over the soft fabric of Rafe's blazer that hung over the back of hit chair. A soft smile formed on her face as she brought it up to his nose and inhaled the familiar scent of sage and cedar wood. It had always been comforting to her.

A singular tear rolled down the girls cheek and dripped onto the blazer. She knew that she had made up her mind now, there was no changing it. But she knew that if she saw him, she'd stay in the safety of his arms and never leave again.

Cal knew what she needed to do. Not for herself, but for JJ. JJ was her whole world. She had relied on the boy since the moment they were born. They were inseparable. They had a bond like no other and that was something that they were told often.

"Wheezie told me that you were here." Rafe spoke up, his sister had called him saying that Cal had turned up with a box and bruises all over her.

At that point, Rafe dropped everything that he was doing and rushed home to be with the girl he loved. He noticed the way that Cal froze once she heard his voice. That was when he realised that she wasn't here to see him.

"Sweetheart." The word was must more gentle than its usual seductive tone. Rafe slowly walked over to Cal, his fingers gently touching her arm, making her flinch away.

"Please don't touch me." Cal whispered, making Rafe instantly step back.

Cal knew that she'd give in. She'd give into his soft kisses and gentle hold. She'd stay with the boy, and that would be selfish of her. She couldn't be selfish anymore.

The red head placed the blazer back down and let go of a shaky breath before turning and facing the boy. Rafe had to bite down on his bottom lip to prove my himself from gasping at the way that Cal looked.

"You can say it," Cal chuckled. "it's bad, I know."

The girl tried to just shrug it off, but from the look on Rafe's face, he was ready to murder Luke.

"Why?" Rafe stepped forward again, all he wanted to do was comfort the girl. He just wanted to hold her and care for her. He wanted to protect her from the world.

"Wrong place, wrong time." Cal muttered, she reached out for the boys hand, just wanting to feel his touch one last time before it was all gone. "Enough about that," She leant up and pressed her lips against his. "more about you."

Rafe furrowed his brows, his hand slowly traveled down to the girls waist, pulling her in slightly. He noticed the way a stray tear rolled down her cheek as she rested her head on his chest.

He grabbed her hand and began to sway as if music was playing. He began to hum a soft tune, his chest vibrating, which Cal found oddly comforting.

"More about me." He muttered, a half hearted chuckle escaping his lips. "Well, I have this girlfriend." Rafe paused, a smile etching its way onto his lips. "She's gorgeous. She has long red hair, it kind of looks like fire. Which matches her attitude perfectly."

Cal chuckled at his description of her. But it made her heart swell. All she ever wanted was to be loved. And now that she had that, she was going to rip it away from not only herself but Rafe too.

"On a more serious note, she's perfect. She's made my life better. I couldn't have wished for someone better to come into my life." He placed a gentle kiss on her head.

Part of her felt like Rafe knew this would be goodbye. The other part thought that he just wanted to cheer her up. Even if he didn't know that this would be the last time that he saw her, it was a great memory for him to think back to.

"I love you, baby." Cal whispered into his chest, her fingers had gripped at his shirt so tightly that her knuckles had turned white.

Rafe's heart ached. It was the first time that she had ever said it out loud to him. Of course, he heard her when he slept at hers and she whispered it to him. But this time she said it with her full chest to him. It just meant so much more.

"I love you so much." Rafe muttered into her hair, he felt his eyes brim with tears.

Cal reluctantly pulled away from the boy, she looked up towards Rafe. Her hand cupped his cheek as she stood on her tip toes to place a gentle kiss on his lips. She melted into the kiss, despite it only been brief.

"I've got to go." Cal whispered, her head resting against hers. "JJ needs me." She lied.

"Don't go." He whispered, still holding her tightly. He was so scared to let go of her. "Please, stay."

"I can't, baby, I'll be back real soon. But I need to be with JJ right now." Rafe nodded, trying to understand that Cal loved JJ and wanted to be their for her brother.

He fell in love for the girl because of how loyal she was. It was something that he always admired.

Rafe watched as the girl left his room without even turning back to look at him. He felt uneasy the second that he heard his door shut and she was out of his house.

He couldn't help but feel like that was going to be the last time that he saw the love of his life.

socials
instagram ~ vxidcameron & em.newman
snapchat ~ emilynewman1234
tik tok ~ vxidbucky & leeandhan