FIFTY

L

OBLIVION . . . 𝑏𝘰𝘰𝑘 1
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
Rafe Cameron ━━━ CALLISTA MAYBANK
She was his drug and without her he felt like he was going insane.

ACT TWO

━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Rafe was a mess. He had been drunk ever since he had gotten back from the Bahamas. He was currently at the Island Inn, paying for alcohol on his dads tab whilst talking to a complete stranger about the kick on a GLOCK 17.

"You load it up. You line it up. It's like...yah!" He pretended to fire a gun, resulting into him stumbling back into someone. "Like damn. Knocks you on your freaking feet."

"Hey, excuse me." The stranger furrowed his brows as he waited for an apology from Rafe.

"Yeah?" Rafe leant against the bar, a cocky smirk spreading across his face.

"Do you mind?" The man questioned.

Rafe pondered upon the question for a moment. He ran his hand through his hair and then tapped his chin before letting go of a chuckle and saying,

"I'm sorry." realising that he had forgotten the question that he was just asked.

"Do you mind?" The man repeated.

"Yeah, I do mind, Bob." Rafe grumbled. He just turned to face way from Rafe, which only angered him more, so he said, "Take a shot with me, Pussy. Come on take a shot."

The man, angered by Rafe's actions of pouring a shot onto him, pushed Rafe back whilst shouting,

"What the hell are you doing?"

Rafe didn't care about the fact that everyone was looking at him. He didn't exactly care about anything anymore. Not now that she was gone. So, he pushed the man back into his seat just as Kelce ran over to him.

"Look at me, calm down alright?" Kelce spoke softly towards his friend.

"Nobody will drink with me man and I'm in mourning." Rafe slurred, his eyes filling with tears just at the thought of Cal.

He wasn't by her side when she needed him most. It was his fault that she was dead. He should have been there. He should have protected her.

"I swear to God, 20 minutes ago I just saw John B and your sister bro. They're alive." Kelce informed the boy, completely missing the fact that Rafe said he was in mourning.

"I'm trying to relax here and you're telling me this bullshit!" Rafe snapped. All he wanted was for Cal to be alive and in his arms again.

His heart physically hurt just thinking about her. Thinking about the life that they'd ever get to live together. The children they'd never raise together. They wouldn't have that. And he'd never find anyone like her again.

"I know you're trying to relax, bro, but I saw them buying beer at Geechie's. You wanna go see for yourself? I'm telling you I saw them, go sober up man." Kelce shouted, pulling Rafe away from the bar.

Before they got too far away, Rafe's phone began to ring. It was the first time in days that he had actually paid attention to the ringing. He quickly answered it, not bothering to say hello or ask who it was.

"Mr Cameron?" The familiar voice of Nurse Sullivan questioned. Rafe just hummed in response. "We've been trying to contact you and Mr Maybank for some time now. Neither of you have answered."

"To tell us she's dead. I know." Rafe snapped. "I don't need reminding. Thank you and good by-"

"Rafe. She's alive." Nurse Sullivan paused, she could practically hear Rafe's breath hitched on the other side of the phone. "In fact, even better. She's awake."

Rafe felt a weight lift from his shoulders. Tears rolled down his cheeks. He just hoped to go that this wasn't some sick prank that someone decided to pull. He pulled the phone away from his ear and checked the number.

He had it memorised incase he ever needed to get in touch with them about Cal urgently.

"She's awake?" His voice cracked as he spoke.

His mind drifted to JJ for a moment, wondering if they were still going to contact him now that they had a hold of him. He wondered what JJ would do when he found out that she was awake.

If he would be as happy as Rafe was right now or not.

"And asking for you." Nurse Sullivan smiled.

Those four little words were more reassurance to Rafe than anything else. It proved that she still remembered him, still loved him and still wanted him. He wasn't losing her again. Everything else could wait. Cal could not.

"I'll be there in five." Rafe ended the call and reached over the bar, grabbing a few packet of chips before shouting, "Put it on Cameron!"

He didn't care about John B or Sarah anymore. The only person he cared about was Cal. He only wanted to see her. To hold her. To kiss her.

Rafe promised himself that in that moment that he would never let her out of his sight again. There was no way that she was ever leaving his side.

"Take me to the hospital." Rafe ordered Kelce. "Cal's awake."

socials
instagram ~ vxidcameron & em.newman
snapchat ~ emilynewman1234
tik tok ~ vxidbucky & leeandhan