Chapter-1

The entry chimes rang while I sat in the back of the store going through a box of old vinyls. I thought I had asked Kenji to lock the door because we were closed, it was time to clean.

"Ken you moron I asked you to shut the door!" I yelled dusting the cobwebs off me, I got up to go apologise to the customer and send them away.

I noticed a man browsing through the sheet music, if Baba saw this she would probably panic. I grit my teeth, I didn't want to confront some stranger!

"Um... excuse me sir," I spoke up, "we're closed."

"Closed?" He turned around.

Our eyes met, and I felt like I was sixteen again. He looked the same, in fact even more handsome now that he wasn't an awkward teenager anymore. His blue-green eyes were brighter than ever, everything about his face- it made me squeal on the inside.

"Ye-yes." I stuttered nervously looking at my shoes, "this is my grandma's store, I'm just looking after it for a while."

I could sense his gaze on me, he had a smile curled on his lips. Oh he knew the effect he had! I couldn't help but sneak in a few glances at him.

"If it's not too much to ask, can you please tell Baba I stopped by?" He ruffled his hair.

"Sure?" I frowned. Since when did he call my grandma Baba? Kenji and I have been calling her Baba since we were kids.

He thanked me and left the store, I shut the door after him and decided to look for my stupid sibling. He's so dense I often wonder how he made it past the age of 5.

It didn't take long, he was hiding behind a dresser and overhearing the whole conversation that went down.

"Hi brat." He waved at me.

"Dense himbo." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Soooooo...." He smiled mischievously, " you don't need to hide your face Emi! I can see you blush."

"Coming back to Monaco was a bad idea." I sighed.

"Why is that? what happened?" He asked.

"Stuff happened when I was a teenager and I thought I'd be way past it but I'm clearly not." I awkwardly laughed.

"If it's to do with your friends from high school, please remember Emiko! You are Emiko Nohara! The best screenwriter Japan has seen in a while, and all of them are trust fund babies."

"You dated them all." I scoffed.

"I never said they're ugly." He shrugged.

I let out a hearty laugh and smacked his shoulder playfully, we got back to cleaning out the store and arrange things.

Let me give you a little backstory to what the heck I'm doing in Monaco in a vintage store. I was born here, in fact I lived here till the age of 15. My parents work as investment bankers, they got an offer for a better pay in Geneva so that's where we went.

Until a few years ago, when my paternal grandfather fell ill so we moved back to Osaka where I continued my education. All the places I had been to, the cultures I had got to be part of inspired me to work on a story.

My Professor was so impressed by it, she set up a meeting for me with her husband who was a producer. And before I knew it, I was graduating from university while they were in talks of making a TV series out of my work!

I was pretty pleased with myself, and even my family was really happy for me. The first season fared very well, the audience loved it. Now the problem is, I have a horrible writer's block.