Chapter 46

"I'm leaving for Nice this evening, I need to head back to the shoot. I'm glad we got to sit down and talk." I smiled.

"Me too. We're on talking terms again, even if I really dislike your boyfriend. That's between him and I." She hugged me.

"I was wondering if you wanted to come to Nice... I'm taking Teo with me, if you're free you should join us." I offered.

"Like to be on location?" She asked.

"Yes, to be on location!"

"It's tempting. I give in! Tell me when we're leaving I have to pack for a day trip." She laughed.

She left the house, to go gather her stuff. That reminded me of my things that were still at Charles', I didn't want to talk to him right now but I really wanted my things back. I was sitting in the balcony thinking about what I could do next when I noticed someone from the street waving at me, it was Arthur. I waved back at him and asked him to stay right there, I think I'd just found the solution.

"Hey! How are you doing?" I greeted him, still panting from running down.

"I'm good! How have you been?" He beamed.

"Could be better... this is so awkward I need a favour."

"Sure! Tell me what?"

"I forgot a couple of my things at Charles' place and he's not responding to my texts, I'm leaving in a few hours and I really need my stuff..."

"He left for Saint Tropez this morning I assumed you were going together." He looked at me in confusion.

"Uh... I couldn't, work commitments." I answered, hoping he won't catch my lie.

"Oh yeah! The movie, I hope it's going well!"

"Thank you! How's the F3 stint going?"

"I'll tell you more as we walk, there's so much going on." He beamed excitedly.

We first went to their mother's house, to get the spare keys. And then continued our walk to the apartment, Arthur filled me in on what F3 was going like, his upcoming races and how much fun he was having with the other drivers at Prema. He talked about all of them with so much affection, they had all become such good friends- they saw each other more than they saw their own families!

"Get your things, I'm going to use his piano!" Arthur smiled mischievously "please don't tell him, you know how he's about his things."

"Your secret is safe with me." I laughed.

"Thank you. You know I'm not even allowed to breathe in the direction of this piano."

"No! Stop! You're going to get dust all over my beauty." I imitated Charles.

"You're scarily good." Arthur chuckled, turning his attention back to the piano.

I opened the closet first, leaving the shelf he cleared out for me completely empty. I was being petty in the moment, but I decided to leave back his hoodie he had given to me. I took everything that was mine, leaving behind everything he gifted me. A small jab for leaving me out of his Saint Tropez plans, this had given me a good reason to send him a message.

I thanked Arthur, wished him good luck for the rest of his season and parted ways. Baba was home for a bit when I arrived, she wanted to say goodbye to me before I left. I gave her a big hug and headed out, I would be back in town in just a few weeks to film the bits in Monaco.

Matteo and Charlotte were already here, I helped them put away their bags in my car and we hit the road. Charlotte already knew about what was going on between me and Charles, so I filled in Matteo too, because I needed to vent. I needed to tell someone about what was going on right now and what Arthur told me.

"Saint Tropez? With who? The audacity of men." Teo shook his head.

"Aren't you also a man?" Charlotte looked at him.

"Yes but I'm one of the girls so I'm a very nice and considerate boyfriend who would never do things like this." He narrowed his eyes.

"True you're a sweetie." Charlotte blew a kiss at him.

"Emi give me your phone." He said.

"What? I'm driving." I looked in the rear view mirror for a flash of a second.

"Okay, Charlotte give me her phone." He stretched his arm out.

Charlotte took my phone from the little beverage holder I had put it in and handed it to him, I looked at both of them with suspicion. Matteo shrugged it off by saying I'll know when I have to.

"What are you doing?"

"Have you been petty today?" He asked.

"Yes. More than I can be proud of..."

"We're just taking it up by a notch or two. Don't worry."

"Please don't do anything stupid, Charlotte please don't let him do anything stupid."

"I'll try." She giggled.

"Okay now keep your eyes on the road and forget about this until we reach Nice."

And forget I did, the minute we reached location Lea and Jack had so much to give me updates on. I spent the afternoon shooting whatever daylight scenes we needed, it was a day of good lighting without sweltering heat which made Lea and the actors very happy.

Jack took responsibility of showing Charlotte and Matteo around the shoot, explaining the significance of every unit. Both of them were having a good time, I was happy to be able to show them what I had been up to.

"I think you've forgotten something." Lea smiled.

"What? Did I mess up the cues again, I'm so sorry-"

"No!"

"What did I forget this time?" I bit my cheek.

"This is our last week of shooting in Nice!"

"Already!?" I looked at her in shock.

"Yeah, it's time for Monaco really soon."

"Gosh! I've got to tell Baba we're going to start setting up cameras, someone will have to go before hand-"

"I volunteer!" Jack laughed, "I've always wanted to see Monaco I don't mind leaving like right now."

"I'll be your guide, know that place like the back of my hand." Charlotte said.

"That is certain, once we're in Monaco you just show up at the shop whenever you feel like."

"Ah the perks of having a director friend." She beamed.

"That's a wrap for today! Good work everyone!" I announced. "Sorry to team Chance we've got go to get some early morning shots tomorrow at the beach, I already apologise for how cold it's going to be."

"Eh I've been in worse situations." Laurent approached us, "see you tomorrow."

"See you!" We waved at him.

"Dinner?" I asked the two of them.

"Yes please I'm starving." Matteo sighed dramatically.

We headed to the restaurant near my rented apartment, everyone was so tired we took turns freshening up and were falling asleep before I could even figure out the sleeping situation. I offered them the bed and decided to take the couch but they refused to let me take the couch. All three of us ended up falling asleep on the couch watching a movie.

I woke up a little earlier so I could prepare them some breakfast before they headed back, I was glad to be able to send them off with big smiles and lots of funny memories to recall.