Chapter-13

A/n: Hey! Thank you all so much for the love on these stories! It really does mean the world to me❤️ as always, I love reading your comments don't hesitate sharing what you think!

***

I walked into Katsumi's office, early in the morning with cups of coffee for us. She was seated behind her table, with a big smile on her face. We exchanged greetings and I took a seat opposite to her.

"Ichiro and his team have sent the script back, after all the changes. Let me just say, this is beautiful." She complimented my writing.

"You're making me feel shy!"

"No really, you've gone above and beyond what we expected." She gushed, "the actors have been sent their scripts, we'll start the readings soon."

"That's great! Thank you so much for believing in me and pushing me to write Katsumi." I beamed.

"Being my client's biggest cheerleader is part of my job. Now all that aside, Gabriel has gotten us some precious information."

"What is it?" I leaned in.

"Mister Barneville, the one you met at Cannes."

"Yes I did, he's very observant and sharp."

"He's fallen out with one of his best writers." She smirked.

"That must be sad." I looked at her blankly.

"Are you not following!? There's no time like the present! Show him that screenplay you've been working on!"

"It's still in the works! Besides it's just a notebook with thoughts." I tried to deflect, "Katsumi, I've never written a movie."

"There's a first for everything, and we've got a whole team of editors and writers ready to help you out!"

"Are you sure I should be working on a screenplay?"

"Isn't that what your dream was? Sweetheart, your abilities deserve to be seen by the world. You work on a screenplay while Gabe and I stall. Okay?"

I looked around for a while, I never planned on writing a TV show did I? My whole career was because I met the right people at the right time. There was no way I could let an opportunity this big just slip out of my hands.

We had met, discussed so much but nothing materialised. This was my chance, I looked back at Katsumi. I nodded, it was time. I was going to give this project my all, even if it gets rejected at least I'll be able to remember fondly that I dared to do something different.

I reached home with a sense of contentment, I was going to do this. My little notebook was going to become a screenplay, even if it wasn't going to be the best one it'll certainly be my first one. It'll always be special, I checked my phone I had a million messages from my mother reminding me that we were getting dinner.

Since I had nothing to do, and she didn't understand what "relaxing" meant, I called her up.

"How forgetful do you think I am?" I asked her.

"Very. You've been back for weeks and you forgot to come see your parents." She grumbled.

"You weren't at home! That's not my fault, ask Sofu I came home, we even ate snacks." I explained to her.

"Okay fine! But be there on time."

"I'll be there." I ended the call.

No she doesn't hate me, she just gets very anxious about outings of any sort and either lashes out on me or my father. Perhaps therapy might help, but she's so dedicated to her job I don't think she can make time for it.

My phone buzzed again, this time I was pleasantly surprised. It was Yuki, he probably wanted to talk about the script.

Yuki: Hello! Hope you're having a good day

You: Hi! Thanks, I hope you're having a good day too :)

Yuki: I read the script and I just wanted to say I absolutely love my character! It's almost like we're the same person

You: I'm glad you feel at home about playing the character, thank you so much 😊

Yuki: no need to thank me! I should be the one thanking you and your team for getting me on the show ☺️

Yuki: Are you still in Europe or back home?

You: I'm back home, where are you off to for the next Grand Prix?

Yuki: I'm in Sochi, Russia for this weekend Japan is only two weeks away!

You: Have a great weekend at Sochi! Tell me when you're here okay? We have to have a celebration for you racing on your home turf

Yuki: Thank you ☺️ I have a request though

You: What is it?

Yuki: Will you be able to make it to the Japanese Grand Prix? It would be so much fun to have you at the race track! It will be such a fun experience

You: Are you sure? Where is the race held?

Yuki: Suzuka! Don't worry about anything I'll make sure my team takes care of everything. I look forward to seeing you there and having fun!

You; Thank you so much Yuki! That's so so so nice of you.

Okay, now I was going to have to research a little bit about Formula One. I wanted this to be a fun experience, within a few minutes Yuki had already got me in touch with the PR of the team he was racing for. I was pleasantly surprised that Red Bull, an energy drinks company had not one but two teams in such a competitive sport.

Time flew by as I read more about F1 and tried to translate the little scribbles in my notebook into a decent storyline-this was easier said than done. I looked at the clock on my wall, it was time to get ready.

I dressed up and left for dinner, my parents were already seated and waiting for me. Contrary to what I was expecting mom was in a good mood, we spent the evening catching up about my trip and how work was coming along.

As always I conveniently left behind the details about Charles and only talked about reconnecting with old pals and the time I spent in the shop. I also told them about meeting Yuki and how he had invited me to watch a race happening in two weeks.

Dinner went by pretty well and I got back home, with a smile on my face and a tune stuck in my head. The day had been eventful, the day had been good. Days like this needed to happen more often, but I realised I wouldn't cherish them as often then.