Chapter-34

I was so excited about heading to the track on a Thursday, everyone had media duties but it wasn't too busy of a day plus I got to watch so many people just do their thing. I had discussed with Yuki before hand, we had decided to hang out while he was free.

I arrived to the track with Charles, Yuki was already waiting for us. He greeted us with a big smile and then we headed to the paddock, we had so much to catch up on. I needed to sit down and give him a rundown of everything that had just happened and he clearly had a lot to tell me too.

"I'll leave you two to gossip, I'm going to go find Mia now." Charles said, giving me a quick peck.

Yuki waited for him to be out of earshot and then started with his questions, "okay, now give me a timeline of events! When did this happen?"

"Okay, so like I would say turning point was Suzuka last year. Things really changed that evening." I said.

"Oh wow! It's been a while!"

"It has! What have you been up to? You're doing so well!"

"Thank you! That's what I've been up to, trying to up my game as much as I can. I had a question about the show."

"Sure! Ask away!"

"How is the show faring? Do people like my work?" He asked nervously.

"You did amazing Yuki! The episode featuring you will air today evening, tell everyone to watch you!" I smiled.

I had completely forgotten to keep up with the promotion of my show, I was so absorbed in the movie project and just taking a moment to have fun with Charles. Yuki smiled big and said that he was going to talk to everyone in the media pen about it today, the world deserved to know he had made his acting debut.

We talked for a while and then it was time for him to head out for his media duties, I ran into Pierre on the way out. It was, awkward to say the least.

"So... Charles huh?" He smiled.

"Yeah, how about you? How are you doing?" I awkwardly tried to divert attention.

"Fine. Could have been better if you-"

"Please don't finish that sentence." I stopped him, I don't know why I was even entertaining him in the first place.

I walked away from him and towards where I could see Charles, he looked at me and gave me a big smile and a wave. He introduced me to his engineers and mechanics I hadn't met the last time, they were all polite and got along so well, it felt like a family.

Charles spent the next hour analysing data with his engineers, I took the time to walk around the paddock and see more of the place. This really was an ultra luxurious circus, everything was so extravagant yet elegant.

A couple of photographers stopped me to get a few shots, not interested in what I had to say, they just liked the visual I provided. I didn't know if I should feel complimented or insulted. Only one of them seemed to be quite interested in who I was with rather than who I was, from his accent I could tell he was probably Australian.

I had wandered too far away, I definitely couldn't remember how to get back. But I kept walking any way, eventually bumping into someone wearing a red polo shirt who would give me directions. I was greeted at the door by Charles who was wearing a worried expression.

"I was gone for a while and you disappeared I got quite worried." He explained.

"Yeah I figured I'd look around and people watch, I nearly got lost but hey! I'm here now." I laughed.

***

It was Sunday already, we headed to the track in the evening. There was something about watching him from the sidelines a few hours before the race. He would literally glow, he didn't get nervous, it was just joy. So much sheer joy for being able to live his dreams, it almost made him appear more beautiful to me than he already did.

We were entering his garage, gloves and helmet in hand big smile on his face- he was irresistible. I couldn't help but place a gentle kiss on his lips, and the best part, it made him grin even bigger.

"Good luck. You're going to be incredible." I smiled, taking a seat in my designated spot.

"Merci ma chérie. " He winked at me before walking off.

And he was off, to the start grid right behind Max. He didn't speak much about Max, but I could tell there was some tension there and I'd decided he'd talk to me when he was comfortable talking about it.

I peered into the adjacent garage, I made eye contact with a blonde woman, she looked just as nervous as I did. I guess she was Carlos's girlfriend, both of us hadn't formally met yet but right now felt like a good moment. I think she thought the same too, but unlike me she actually had the courage to do something about it.

"I'm Isabella, you can call me Isa." She smiled introducing herself.

"I'm Emiko, you can call me Emi!" I smiled back at her.

"You're here with Charles? I'm Carlos's girlfriend, they haven't introduced us to each other yet." She said.

"Yeah! Strange. But let's give them the benefit of the doubt, the season just started."

"Nevertheless! We should get dinner together today." She smiled, "I think it's going to be a good evening."

And it was, we spent the race cheering on and hooting like a bunch of kids, not elegant behaviour at all. But who cares? It's not everyday your boyfriend wins a Grand Prix and his teammate finishes second is it? The entire garage ran towards the barricades. Silvia and Mia instructed us to stay behind, I was confused at first but Isa figured it all out- we did not need PDA being treated scandalously.