Chapter-7

"Good morning Miss Emiko! This is your wake up call." The phone buzzed.

I took a big stretch and walked into the bathroom, my eyes looked much more rested now. Even though the excitement of today hadn't exactly let me rest well, my phone rang.

"Good morning Emiko, I'm coming to your hotel." Gabriel said, he sounded tired.

"Good morning Gabriel! Just give me a few minutes."

"Okay I'll be there in 10 minutes that's if the traffic moves."

"How about you pick me up from Jasmine's hotel instead? I don't mind walking there, in fact it'll be quicker."

"How can I let a star-"

"Correction! I'm not a star. Just a writer."

"Okay but if Katsumi kills me it'll be your fault I promised to take good care of you."

"Katsumi is not going to kill you Gabriel! Please stay fuelled, get some breakfast and a break-"

"Break? I haven't slept in the past 18 hours I'll take my break after each one of my talents have climbed the stairs."

"That sounds intense, take care!" I laughed ending the call. Agents really do have a stressful job, I was in confusion and in awe of his passion for his job. After a shower I was off to Jasmine and her team to work their magic.

The suite was even more packed, pretty faces as far as I could see and Jasmine once again walking everyone through what was to be done. One of the team members quickly handed me a robe and asked me to put it on. I was rushed to the hair team, they worked on my hair and I was honestly impressed by the pace at which they were done with it. After being rushed around the room I was finally allowed to grab a quick bite before make up and dressing.

Jasmine had me and the rest of her clients who were ready for the event pose and twirl for photos. Even though it felt like a big rush, it was almost nine already. I called up Gabriel and let him know I was ready for the premiere, he let out a relived sigh saying that the stars had aligned, finally something was going right this morning.

I felt so beautiful and powerful just standing there in the lobby, people were looking at me in awe as they walked past. I could totally see why people enjoyed being the centre of attention. Gabriel complimented me and lead me to the car, we sat in the car in still traffic for another 45 minutes.

"This is all a big mess! Some of my stars have already reached while the rest are still stuck in their hotels!" He exclaimed reaching for his phone, he was constantly either calling up people or receiving calls.

The slow moving traffic was worsening his anxiety, I heard more commotion. This was a confirmation that we were very close to the Palais des Festivals, another turn and he was fuming.

"What's the matter?" I asked him.

"This bloody white Ferrari that just cut in front screwed up everything!"

"How?"

"The car ahead was Mister Barneville's, this way we could have him go up the stairs with you. Now we're going to have to wait for whoever is in this car!" He continued, "they're wasting our time and slowing down the whole thing!"

The traffic was as good as stationary, with one car moving at a time. Gabriel basically hopped out of the car and decided to go talk to whoever was in the car ahead, I was afraid for them. Even though Gabriel looked sweet and was practically harmless his anger was concerning.

The car ahead stopped in front of the stairs, Gabriel ran back to our car and opened the door for me asking me to hop out. Were we going to cut in front of Mister white Ferrari?

When I got out of the car, Gabriel said that the person had agreed to walk up the stairs with me. Both of us were going to share camera time, I didn't mind either because I was really here for one thing only.

The moment the car doors opened, I kind of hopped I had said that I did mind. I minded a lot. The 'person', being the way my stars were aligned was none other than Charles.

His hair was pulled back neatly and the tuxedo fitted him so well, he looked devilishly handsome. I looked at Gabriel in confusion, he was beaming, proud of what he had accomplished. I turned back to Charles, he had a playful smirk on his face, which slowly turned into a big smile.

"And we meet again." He said offering me his hand. I didn't even realise I was staring at him blankly, we walked towards the stairs. I was still in confusion, I don't know what disoriented me more, his touch or the commotion around us.

I looked at the stairs ahead of us, Mister Barneville was almost at the top. He was going to have to awkwardly wait for me while I climbed up the stairs with Charles.

He was smiling so big for the cameras while I was barely able to breathe, very aware of how his fingers were holding mine. Our eyes met for a brief second but I looked away before they lingered for any longer. I wanted to be done with this, I was already looking at the top.

"Thank you so much for the flowers mister Barneville." I smiled at him when we made it to the top. I freed my hand from Charles's hold and offered it to Mister Barneville.

"Do I not deserve even a small thank you?" Charles whispered.

I brushed past him  and walked away with Mister Barneville who insisted that I called him Hippolyte, I looked back to catch a glimpse of Charles. Looking at him made me feel a tad bit guilty for treating him the way I did, but at the same time the little bit of pettiness inside me felt proud of what had just happened.

The award ceremony was nothing short of spectacular, he told me more about French cinema and patiently heard me ramble on my views about film. The ceremony came to an end and people were heading out, some off to parties, others to fancy dinners and some of us back to our hotels.

"Thank you so much, I had a fantastic time." I smiled.

"The pleasure is all mine, if it's not too much of an imposition can we get dinner? Not today! Maybe tomorrow to discuss more about plans?"

"Yes of course!" I beamed.

I wished him a good evening as he headed out to more dinners for the evening, I waited around for Gabriel who looked like he had enjoyed his time.

While walking towards one of the exits of the auditoriums, I noticed Charles standing by the doors.

"Do you know any florists around the area?" I looked at Gabriel.