Chapter-2

Matteo led me to one of his favourite places to lounge, it seemed pretty like a pretty posh place. Well, to be fair I don't remember this city ever being particularly cheap.

We got a table outside in the balcony, it was good day to soak in some sun Matteo declared. We ordered our espressos and finally sat down.

"How have you been? Also where have you been?" He asked.

"I've been great actually! Things have changed quite a lot," I smiled, "As for where I've been, we spent two years in Geneva and we relocated to Osaka."

"Osaka? Wow! It must have been interesting." He sipped on his coffee.

"It was a cultural shock at first, but then a lot of things felt familiar."

"And what have you been up to?"

Now this question, filled me with pride. I sat up straight and wore my biggest smile, "I was on the sets of my story being turned into a production."

Teo was smiling wide, his eyebrows were raised in amusement. His expression made me even more excited, "that's right Teo! I did it! I wrote a story! I wrote a script!"

He shouted out loud that he was so happy for me before pulling me in for another bone crushing hug. He signalled to the waitress and asked her to get us the best thing on the menu, didn't matter how expensive it was.

Typical Matteo, expressing his happiness by splurging for no reason at all. Somethings really never change, I shook my head.

"When did you come back?" He asked taking a sip of his coffee.

"Two days ago? Spent the whole of them fixing my sleeping schedule and today I spent my morning cleaning Baba's store."

"That would have either been really fun or super boring."

"The cleaning was boring and Kenji is always so chaotic to be around it's annoying." I rolled my eyes, I was in two minds, should I tell him about running into Charles or keep it to myself?

"Emi your eyes are wandering off, you're hiding something!" He rested his elbows on the table, "now tell me!"

"Still as observant as ever aren't you?" I laughed accepting my defeat, "Charles stopped by at the store-"

"Charles as in?"

"The one we went to school with?"

"Ma vaaaaaa! He was there? You asked him for a picture? At least an autograph?"

I looked at him confusion, I knew he was somewhat of a big deal back in school and he still was? So maybe I'm right he's a model. Makes sense, look at that face? I'd buy whatever he was selling.

"He used to drive Karts right? What happened to that?"

He looked at me in shock, and then pulled a face like he was disgusted. I nudged him to tell me why he was looking at me like that.

"What do you think he does now?"

"Model?"

"So naive, he drove those karts fast alright." He looked smug, "He's a Formula One driver."

"Those are real?" I looked at him in shock. I was just speaking nonsense as it came to my mind, perhaps the words that escaped my lips were a little too funny because Matteo had tears from laughing.

"Yes Emi, they are very real. He drives for Ferrari, so far he's having a decent season so far."

"That's...interesting." I looked down in my coffee, "hey Teo you got time? I feel like I owe you an explanation-"