Chapter-3

Words can't describe how awkward it was for the first fifteen minutes when Giada showed up. We just sat there awkwardly, speaking about things on the surface level. Neither did Giada nor did I make even a sincere effort in this conversation.

"Both of you. Stop! I can't bear this." Matteo sighed.

"Well maybe this wasn't such a good idea-"

"No! Gigi please don't leave." I was surprised I said that, Giada looked just as confused. But there was a smile on her face, maybe nostalgia is a stronger emotion than I thought.

She sat back down next to me, and placed her hand on mine, "so tell me Em, how have you been?"

The next thing I know, the three of us were reminiscing about our teenage years, all the good times we had together and what happened after that. Things were getting heavy fast, I feel like I needed to get everything off my chest.

"Gigi, I want this to be the summer I fall in love with Monaco all over again."

"It will be!" She squealed.

"But first I need to tell you something and I need answers from you."

"Tell me!"

"I used to like Charles, like I had a big crush on him before you even noticed him-"

"I know. It was so evident!" She laughed.

"Was it worth it?"

"What?"

"Being with him, knowing I was infatuated by him?"

Giada let out a sigh, she looked away for a bit and then back at me. "It was good, really fun while it lasted, but the horror movie that followed it was so not worth it. So to answer your question, no Emiko it wasn't."

"Horror movie?" I blurted, "I'm sorry you don't have to tell me everything."

"I don't have to but I want to tell you." She started, "5 years, I didn't even think we'd last so long. But we did and he was everything I dreamt of and so much more."

"That's adorable." I smiled.

"Yeah, it was. Until I spotted him on a yacht with my best friend."

"The nerve!" I yelled.

"I love what a loud person she becomes after a little bit of wine." She laughed.

"But seriously! That's very shitty of him!"

"I try not to say that because he did break up with me to focus on his career."

"Good on him."

"But I saw him with her literally three weeks later."

"Ew." I scrunched my face, "to focus on his career but get with your best friend? You better see him with a- a- I don't watch Formula one what do they give winners? Gold medals? You better ask him where all the gold medals are after the break up!"

"They get trophies Sweetie, and then a championship win if they've got the most points." Matteo explained.

"Yeah yeah okay brainy bean. You get what I say, he's not a world champion is he?"

"No he's not." Giada answered.

"Well, the breakup didn't fix the focus that's on him."

"If I knew she gets so funny after she drinks I would have never let her leave Monaco." Matteo laughed.

After some more drinks and gossip, I decided to head back home. Giada agreed, she had work tomorrow.

Both of us walked the streets in the night, I felt like I was a child again. Hypnotised by the lights, the stars, it was all so beautiful. A café had musicians performing the Roses Montage.