Chapter-27

That date was everything I could dream of and so much more. It was the morning of New Year's Eve and I promised to take him on a date the next day- today's task was getting some writing done.

Katsumi told me that a producer was quite interested in the development of my story, and she wanted to meet me too. Now that was more than enough to start, I didn't see anyone after Christmas.

I spent my days holed in my room, trying to put everything that came to mind on to paper or typing until my fingers hurt. At night, I'd go to a food spot with Kenji to satisfy his midnight cravings.

It was one of those mornings, my head hurt from all the thinking. I sat at the dining table clutching my head while Baba brewed a herb tea to help with it.

"When will you come out of that room of yours?" She sighed, "it's not healthy to stay in all the time."

"I'm out right now! See, I'm at the dining table talking to you." I smiled weakly.

"I'm going to Nice with my friend, we are going to an art museum!" She beamed with excitement.

"That's fun! How are you going? Should I drop you both-"

"No." She she said loftily, "we have it all planned, she's going to drive. It's been a while."

"Have a good time then! But again, if you need me you just give me a call."

"Okay." She said, giving me a cup of the tea she had brewed, "careful! It's hot."

I took a sip, it was packed with flavour, I could distinctly taste the ginger in it. It burned my throat in a comforting way as a gulped it down, gosh I'd missed her ability to just make  about any ingredient taste great in a tea.

Kenji had already left for work, so had Teo. And I definitely didn't want to run into Charlotte or Giada right now. I really needed to write more today, but I didn't feel like it. Before leaving, Baba made me promise that I would leave the house for a walk, I said that I would try to.

I looked around the house, there was absolutely nothing else that needed to be done. I had no excuse but to switch on my laptop and get typing, I read through what I had written so far and made the suggested edits from my team. Hey! To be fair editing IS writing.

I got out the papers on which I had written the events of the plot and spent the remaining of my morning making sure the timeline made sense, I came back to reality when I heard knocks on the main door.

That's when I realised I had covered the entire floor of my room in random pieces of paper, I pulled off some weird acrobatics to get to the main door. I opened the door to be greeted by Charles, with a grin on his face.

"I've got Sushi!" He held up a bag.

"What time is it?" I asked, letting him into the flat.

"It's about one pm, is time not real to you anymore?" He asked. I could see his gaze peering towards the floor of my room.

I don't know why I got so defensive but I made sure to stand right in front of him, blocking any possible view of the great mess I head created.

"You're so strange." He laughed, ruffling my hair. It's when he touched me I got very conscious. I was still in the hoodie I fell asleep in last night.

I caught a glimpse of myself on the door of the oven while grabbing plates for the food, I looked like shit. I didn't look or feel presentable in the slightest, but it didn't seem to bother him at all.

In the time I had my back turned to grab plates, he had already made his way to the middle of the floor of room. He sat there, reading everything that I had laid down. I felt very vulnerable, it's like I was letting him read my mind.