Chapter-15

I was furious and embarrassed. Kenji had gotten very drunk and had the brilliant idea of going to Suzuka early, Colton was the only person who stayed relatively sober and was outnumbered by the drunk rebels.

They gathered their things and hurried to the train station, and slept at Suzuka's train station. They woke up to the commotion of people who were commuting, Kenji very soon realised what the hell they had done. He literally got lucky when he noticed staff from Alpha Tauri and soon Yuki get off one of the trains.

Yuki recognised Kenji as well as the group, turns out they all were part of the Drive to Survive crew. The production team sent others to collect the group so that left Kenji stranded, Yuki took him along and they were now in the hotel lobby.

While I was in another town, hoping to see shrines and the other historical monuments. I was going to spend the afternoon writing the screenplay, which is probably a lie I'm sure I would have napped but still! I needed a reason to yell at Ken for behaving so rashly.

"You can sightsee in Suzuka, plus the drive to survive people can help you with writing."

"Are you actually that dumb!?" I nearly screamed.

"You're overreacting. Yuki said that they're sending a car to come get you so gather your things and stay prepared."

"We don't have accommodation in that town Ken! Now are we going to find any so late."

"Wait, Yuki wants to talk to you."

"Hi Emiko!" He said joyously.

"Hi Yuki! I'm so sorry for the awkward position Kenji put you in I'm so embarrassed-"

"No no no please don't be! As he said please be ready we'll come get you."

"That's so kind of you, but I don't have a hotel room in Suzuka."

"Nothing to worry about! We have rooms to spare."

"I don't understand." I frowned.

"Teams normally book the whole floor at hotels, so some rooms tend to stay empty or are just used to store gear. We have two rooms to spare on the floor, just enough! Please come." He persuaded me.

"I'm tempted! I feel so bad for putting you on the spot like that."

"Nothing to worry about." He laughed, "it will be more fun to have you here earlier!"

With that awkward conversation, I was on my way to check out. I settled the bills and headed to the car waiting out front for me, I thanked the chauffeur and we started our drive to Suzuka.

Kenji and Yuki were at the entrance waiting for me, both of them looked so awkward I wanted to remember the strained smiles on their faces forever. I got out, took my luggage and greeted them, again I apologised to Yuki like ten thousand times and he kept saying there was nothing to apologise for.

The hotel looked luxurious to say the least, and the interiors blew my mind. Everything looked so alluring, just looking at the place I knew that I'd have to pretty much spend ninety percent of my earnings to live here for a day. Luckily, much to my embarrassment I didn't have to worry about that.

"I have to head to the track now, I'll let you freshen up and we'll meet in the evening." Yuki beamed leading me to my room.

"Yes of course! See you soon and thanks so much." I smiled at him.

Once he was out of earshot, I turned back to Kenji. I was fuming, and I could tell in this moment he was terrified of me. He gulped and looked back at me with a sheepish smile on his face.

"I'll knock that smile off your face." I grit my teeth.

"Emi-woah." He put his hands out to block me.

"What the hell were you thinking!?"

"Can you please relax and rest up first? We'll talk later."

"No we won't. I know that the minute I step into my room, you'll bolt out of this place. I'm so embarrassed."

"I'm just as embarrassed. But I wouldn't change a thing, I had fun last night, they did too and we're going to do this again."

"Just don't travel to another city and put me in such an awkward position. In fact try and not involve me at all."

"Emiko, tell me what's actually wrong. Like this is a nice hotel and Yuki is basically a good friend of yours now. Why are you so adamant?"

"One, I just became good friends with him and so it feels like I'm using him."

"What's number two?"

"I don't want to talk about it." I turned away, opening the room door.

Kenji pushed the door open, dragged my bags in and basically invited himself in. He plopped down on the bed, with his head rested between his palms, waiting for me to spill the beans.

"Ken get out of room." I sighed.

"I won't until you give me other reasons."

"I'm going for a bath, see yourself out."

"Why would you bathe again? Stop lying."

"This stays between you and me. If anyone else finds out I'll literally eliminate you."

"What's with you and behaving like a mafia boss today? Jeez." He rolled his eyes.

I stuck out my pinky finger, was this childish? Yes. Very much. But I wasn't going to trust him unless he pinky swore on whatever I was going to tell him.

"So you remember when we first met Yuki and his teammate right?"

"Yeah mister sexy French accent. I remember him." He looked at me nonchalantly.

"Please don't call him that." I cringed.

"So anyway, when you went to get the car out I had a little conversation with him."

"Ew gross please stop there don't continue."

"No! It's not like that!" I frowned at him and continued anyway. "The 'friend' I was going around town with earlier in Monaco was actually him."

"Oh. And then what happened?"

"He was only taking me out because he wanted to hook up. Nothing more."

"The audacity of this man!" Kenji stood up all of a sudden, "I'm going to go give him a piece of my mind."

"Ken stop! You're overreacting!" I made him sit down again, "and you're such a hypocrite."

"How am I a hypocrite?"

"You have casual flings all the time."

"Yeah but the difference is that I make sure that the person I'm with wants the same. I don't mislead them."

"So you are a decent human being after all."

"I'm nicer than you give me credit for."

"But you see... we are siblings. That's the whole purpose of my existence! To devalue you." I laughed.

"You're deranged. Like a lot. Please have that checked out." He stood up, "I'm going to head out now, you have fun doing your granny things."

"Kenji! Promise me another thing."

"What?"

"You won't make things awkward this weekend."

"I'm afraid I've already done the worst I could. No way I'm topping waking up hung over on a train station in front of someone that's going to work with you."