Chapter-58

"Happy birthday!" I heard Baba entering my room, I had just woken up and was still trying to make sense of what time it was. Ah. So it really was already the end of November.

I thanked Baba and walked into the kitchen to grab a glass of water, I could already smell the nice broth Sofu was cooking. My smile grew only bigger, we were going to be starting the day off with my favourite dish ever- Udon!

"Good morning birthday girl! What are your plans for today?" Dad greeted me.

"As of now it's eating a yummy bowl of udon with all of you." I beamed.

Kenji and Laura joined the party too, the whole family gathered around the dining table and we savoured our delicious breakfast. Birthday wishes poured in, so did gifts as all of them gave me what they'd got for me one by one. I thanked them all, everyone had things to do, except for Kenji and I. Laura wanted to buy things so Baba and mom were taking her shopping, for a change my partner in crime Siya wanted to join her mother.

"I have a surprise planned for you later today." Kenji beamed.

"What is it?"

"It won't be a surprise then would it? Dummy." He rolled his eyes.

I went to help out Sofu with cleaning up after breakfast, I thanked him for cooking me my favourite meal and the thoughtful birthday gift. We spent the rest of the day tending the garden, going to the market for fruits and vegetables. We even stopped by Katsumi's office, some possible producers had approached her with a project for me and she wanted me to take a look, I could decide once I was out of my break.

"Happy birthday my star! How are you doing today?" She greeted me.

"I'm good! Thank you, how are you doing?" I asked taking a seat.

"Great actually! Offers are coming in left and right after summertime sadness. Mika has been approached by producers from the Korean TV industry, your project has definitely helped her out!" She smiled.

"That's great! I hope she gets even more success. I just wrote words she brought them to life."

"Here's all the offers from producers for you to direct." She handed me a stack of scripts, "and these are just rough ideas of plots that directors want you on board as a screenplay writer."

"All this? For me? For the person that just haggled for fish in the market 10 minutes ago?"

My words made her laugh, but I meant every bit of them. I still couldn't believe that people actually saw so much potential in me, it made me happy. It also filled my heart, that my art made people feel something. I was powerful. I thanked her for her time and headed home with Sofu.

I was pleasantly surprised by a phone call from Teo and Charlotte, both of them remembered it was my birthday. We spent an hour catching up with what everyone was up to. They watched my movie and they loved it. They loved that I had made them part of it and how beautifully I portrayed my side of the story.

By the time I was done with the call it was 4pm, the doorbell rang. I assumed it was probably the ladies finally back from shopping. Instead, I was greeted by a very happy Yuki at the door.

"Happy birthday Emiko!" He cheered.

"Yuki!" I smiled even bigger.

"Surprise!" Kenji exclaimed. "Come on in!" He invited him in.

"Go get dressed, Osaka isn't ready for us!" Yuki beamed.

"You must be tired, let's have you rested and relaxed first and then we'll go party." Kenji chimed in.