Chapter-61

Felt a little silly goofy here you go take an early update🤗

Charles was still a blocked contact on my phone, that wasn't going to change for a while. I'm sure I was a blocked phone number on his phone too. Showing up today morning at the harbour was purely a question of who had the courage to. I knew in my heart that my anxious tendency led to this entire mess. If there was one chance to prove I wasn't a nervous mess, it was today.

He didn't tell me much about what exactly he has planned for today, I only knew I had to show up at the harbour at ten. Today was particularly windy, I wore a pair of black jeans with a chunky knit sweater and took along a jacket just in case.

The baby sitter was here as usual, she was playing with Siya, I let them know I was heading out, hopefully I'd be back by the evening. If not Kenji would be home before any of us anyway. "Bye bye!" Siya babbled.

"Bye bye baby!" I gave her a hug before leaving.

As soon as I got out of the house, I had to put on my jacket. Sunlight was almost nonexistent. Which was unusual for this hour, it did get windy and cold but never so cloudy. Walking towards the harbour I started worrying, what if he didn't show up? I didn't want to be standing in the pouring rain waiting for him.

He was already there, waiting for me. The expression on his face changed, his eyebrows relaxed and a small smile curled on his lips. A part of me wished that he would grin right now so I could run into his arms and bury my face in his chest, inhale the scent of his familiar cologne and smile at him. It felt so strange to have to restrain myself from doing things that were so familiar, the air felt thick. It was obviously awkward.

"Thank God you showed up." He sighed.

"I told you I would." I looked at him, looking into his brilliant eyes filled me with emotions. Joy, but then also a little bit of guilt because they were missing their sparkle.

"Have you eaten your breakfast?"

"I did. Have you eaten yet?"

"Yeah, I did too." He nodded, "So, do you want to do? Boat ride or go to the oceanography museum?" He asked.

I was a little confused at first, what sort of question was this? Was it really a well thought out plan or was he just making up things on the fly? I voiced out my thoughts, "I didn't realise this was going to be something equivalent to a school day trip."

"Come on! Don't say that! I wanted us to talk over breakfast but you've already eaten."

"You could have been specific yesterday, that you wanted to meet for breakfast."

"You could have just unblocked my number and asked me questions. Efforts are a two way thing you know?"

I knew that. And I still regretted I didn't try hard enough. His plan probably meant he hadn't eaten anything yet, and he just lied about it. Now I felt worse, I insisted that we get some breakfast anyway, I could drink some coffee while he actually ate something.

We found a restaurant serving something good, took a seat and placed our order. Once Charles thanked the waiter and he was gone, I looked at him, "Why did you lie about having breakfast?"

"I didn't want to put you in an uncomfortable situation."

"So you lie about the most essential meal about the day?"

"I think we're getting side tracked from what this is actually about..."

"I'd say what happened right now is a great start to the discussion. Charles, I know I'm someone who worries a lot, being anxious is something just comes to me. I always worry about everything that could go wrong in any given situation."