Chapter-5

Days flew by, Pierre was spending his break in Monaco. We met almost every other day over the week for things like brunch, lunch and dinner.

He was such a gentleman, making sure I was comfortable and didn't make moves until I prompted to. Today was something different, it was late afternoon. He asked me if I wanted to join him on a yacht party, it was just him and his friends one of them owned the yacht.

Well, I genuinely dislike parties with all my heart. They're uncomfortable, I don't have the patience to hear someone yap on and nor do I have the ability to hold small talk for a while. But I agreed, it was so out of character for me but I wanted to spend time with Pierre.

I arrived at the harbour, as he had told me. And I was caught off guard almost immediately, I spotted him talking to a man. Not just any other man but it happened to be, that man. That stupid man who still managed to make my heart beat fast after six years.

"Yeah I met this chick, she'll be here soon." Pierre spoke to him in French.

"Does she not have a name?"

He rolled his eyes at him and continued, "it's been a week! I've been taking her around for a week and there's still no action."

"Maybe just ask her-"

"Well she better let me hit today or that's the end of this little fling."

"Why do you have to speak so disrespectfully?" He shook his head.

"Quite rich coming from you!" He bumped his shoulder laughing out loud.

"Pierre, this isn't right! Did you even tell her what your intentions are?"

"It's summer, I'm hot. I think my intentions were pretty clear." He smirked.

Oh. OH. So mom was right about sports stars being douche bags, "excuse me," I walked up to Pierre, "yeah, next time please make sure the chick doesn't understand French."

He eyes widened in shock, all those years of struggling with grammar had finally paid off when I got to see the look on his face. I don't know if I felt embarrassed or hurt, either way it felt like my chest was on fire. This was supposed to be the summer I claimed Monaco again, and so far all that had happened was I had fallen into the sweet talk of some stupid French boy. Sure he was hot, I'll give him that but his intentions were not.

"Emiko! No you misunderstood me." He walked after me catching hold of my wrist.

"I don't think I misunderstood you Pierre, you want some sort of causal bang and never speak again thing and I'm most definitely not looking for that." I freed my wrist. "Have a good summer."

"Let me explain myself to you-"

"That won't be necessary and please don't bother trying to call me." I said calmly.

I walked away from the harbour and took a seat on one of the benches, maybe in the past this would have shaken me up a lot. But at this point I had become sort of immune to it, it wasn't the first time I was dealing with someone immature. But I don't know what made it weird, maybe it was the fact he was so close to Charles. I found that funny, well neither of them had a clean track record! At least that's what I learnt.

I got a text from Katsumi, reminding me about packing for Cannes, I had two days to get to the city. She told me about her colleague Gabriel, he was going to be helping me navigate through the event and take care of everything for me. I thanked her and decided to see what Matteo and Giada were up to.

You: So turns out gentleman from France was just a dirt bag

Teo: drinks tonight then?

Gigi: Now that we're definitely not meeting him, can you fill us in about who he was??

You: Pierre? Pierre Gasly I think? He came to lunch with Yuki about a week ago and that's where it all started

Teo: PIERRE GASLY?? AS A HETEROSEXUAL MAN I TELL YOU I WILL LEAVE WOMEN FOR HIM.

Gigi: You dodged a bullet, he's like Charles's closest friend on the grid.

You: THANK GOD

Teo: so drinks?

Gigi: YES

You: YES OF COURSE

Gigi: I'm still holding you to dishing all the tea later

I looked up at from my phone, the sea looked so pretty today. So no yacht party so what? I wasn't going to waste today sitting on a bench!

"Is this seat taken?"

I looked to my side, and there he was, existing as beautifully as ever. The sun rays made his eyes look even more vibrant, I was too busy staring into them to even say anything.

"I'm going to take that as a no." He flashed his dazzling smile, sitting on the bench.

I dug in my bag and found the book I was going to read in hopes of avoiding all sorts of conversation. This time, I was going to use it as a distraction to not look as flustered.

"I've read this one!" He pointed at the cover, I looked at him plainly. He got awkward and looked away, scratching the back of his neck. "Okay, this isn't going very well. I wanted to come say sorry to you on behalf of my friend, he doesn't normally behave like this-"

"He's an adult, he should be capable of saying his own sorries." I smiled sarcastically. I put the book back into my bag and got up to leave, I've had enough of this shitty day. I decided I'm going to take Kenji and Baba out for lunch, maybe that sushi place I saw could be a good pick me up.

Baba was watching a show on TV when I entered and Kenji was being made to cut vegetables. When she noticed I had entered, she waved at me and asked me to come sit.

"The party got over so soon?" She asked.

"She probably got thrown out for being a snoozefest." Kenji laughed.

"No I decided not to go, he was not what I was looking for." I glared at Kenji, "anyway! I was thinking we should go out for lunch, to that sushi place down the street."

"You're going to hang out with us social butterfly?" Kenji raised his eyebrows.

"Yes because you're my family? What do you say Baba?"

"Yes! Let's go, and if you both behave yourselves we'll even get ice cream!" She clapped her hands in delight.

"No! Baba just made me cut all these vegetables for lunch-"

"We have a fridge Ken, we'll cook them for dinner!" Baba smiled, "let me go put on something nice."