Chapter 2: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ꜱᴇᴛᴛʟᴇꜱ ʜᴏᴍᴇ

♥Chapter 2: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ꜱᴇᴛᴛʟᴇꜱ ʜᴏᴍᴇ♥

Chapter 2: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ꜱᴇᴛᴛʟᴇꜱ ʜᴏᴍᴇ

Kennedy

"Is this your house?" I ask, gazing at the dark blue and white two-story house as Alex rolls up his truck in front of it.

"Yup." He cuts off the engine. His car smells like mouthwash. Maybe he washes his car with mouthwash. Maybe he doesn't have water. Does he shower with mouthwash too? Should I smell him and check?

Alex throws open the door of his side and jumps down. I jump out too, only wheezing a bit when I land harshly on my feet in that not so graceful manner how Alex jumped down. My chest hurts a bit.

"You okay?" He asks as he takes out my bags.

"Yup," I say, giving him a thumbs-up, "My lungs are just really sensitive to any form of fun."

"Right. Doctor Gabriel did tell me you had a lung problem."

"A part of my left lung was collapsed for almost five months. I still have asthma and Gary tells me I have ADHD too. I tell him he has diarrhea that comes out of his mouth."

Alex smiles before carrying my huge bags to the porch. How is he able to carry my panda-sized bags? It must be those muscles. I should ask him his secret to it.

He unlocks the door and mentions me to follow. Obviously, that's what I was gonna do. Did he actually think I was going to build a shed on his porch and live there? Giving a sad shake of my head I follow him inside like I was always going to do.

I think...

My eyes move around, taking in everything. The house looks pretty decent with cream couches, a white rug, a TV and a slightly messy kitchen.

Alex walks up the stairs with my bags and I widen my eyes. "Oh, mama. Stairs?"

"Yeah." He replies already at the top. "Sorry but the bedrooms are up here."

I take in a deep breath and roll the imaginary sleeves of my t-shirt and pull up my shorts a little higher. I can do this.

Very slowly, I take one step after the other. Then feeling annoyed by my slowness, I decide to just make a quick run for it and wheeze my lungs out at the top.

I do exactly that.

Alex's heavy body appears in my line of sight.

His face looks worried. "Are you okay?"

I smile and wave it off, slowly standing on my feet, "You mean this girl?" I point towards myself. "Yup."

He shows me my supposed-to-be-room and I look at the plain bedroom with a bed, desk, dresser and a wardrobe.

"I erm didn't have time to decorate much or bring any presents and all. Sorry for that." He rubs the back of his neck.

I smile, "It's fine. I'll do it myself."