Chapter 6: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ'ꜱ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴏʟɪᴄᴇ ꜱᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

♥Chapter 6: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ'ꜱ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴏʟɪᴄᴇ ꜱᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴ♥

Chapter 6: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ'ꜱ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴏʟɪᴄᴇ ꜱᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴ♥

Kennedy

I dress into a floral cream spring dress that comes above my knees and clings to my waist.

I really like this dress despite the fact that it shows too much skin on the arms and shoulders with the shoulder straps being super thin. I pair it with my sandals.

After getting ready, I call Alex's name and he comes into my room within seconds.

Since I  hurt my knee, Alex's been carrying me around the house.

Do I feel bad for that?

Heck no.

You see his muscles? Someone's gotta take advantage of that.

Jake walks down the stairs while I and Alex have breakfast.

Alex's body tenses a bit as Jake walks by without greeting us or even giving us a glance.

As soon as Jake's out the front door, Alex lets himself relax.

I sense family drama.

"Is everything alright?" I ask Alex.

"Huh?" He looks at me before coming out of whatever thoughts he was in before giving me a smile. "Uh yeah, everything's fine."

I want to say that I'm a super criminal and I know when people lie, but I let it slide.

Alex drops me off at school and tells me to be careful with my knee.

I can walk of course. Some people might call it 'limping' though.

Anyways, I limp towards the school not before looking at the school across mine to see if I could catch a glimpse of Corey or Toothy.

They don't go to the school I go to. They go to the school across mine. They were at my school only to meet up with my school's football team to discuss when to hold the next match.

A disappointing feeling settles in my chest when I don't see them before I turn back around and move inside my school.

My knee hurts like a motherlover with each step I take but I keep going knowing I can't fall to the ground and cry like a baby about it.

I can actually.

On my way to class, my foot catches onto something and I almost go tumbling down to the ground if it hadn't been for a hand that catches my arm, pulling me up straight.

I look up to see a man with light stubble and crinkly brown eyes. He looks around thirty.

"I'm sorry," I say shyly looking away.