Chapter 46: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʜᴇ ᴅᴏᴇꜱɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ꜱʟᴇᴇᴘ

♥Chapter 46: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʜᴇ ᴅᴏᴇꜱɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ꜱʟᴇᴇᴘ♥

Chapter 46: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʜᴇ ᴅᴏᴇꜱɴ' ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ꜱʟᴇᴇᴘ♥

Jake

Corey hums a song while waltzing into the living room with two cups of coffee.

He hands me one of the cups, "Here you go, dear."

"Thanks, wifey." I roll my eyes.

He plops on one of the couches and switches on the TV, settling on a movie.

"Shouldn't your fatass be studying like the girls were?" I ask, taking a sip of my coffee.

I wince at the taste.

Kennedy makes it better.

Corey waves me off.

For a while, it's just Corey and I watching TV.

The front door opens, and I look behind to see Alex walking in, hooking his keys on the wall and taking off his shoes.

His eyes stop on Kennedy's Yoda, and he lets out a deep sigh, closing his eyes for a moment.

"Hey, Papa Bear." Corey greets.

"Hey, kid." Alex greets back, stepping into the house and walking into the kitchen.

"You're back early." Corey notices.

Alex shrugs while downing a glass of water, "Decided to close a little early."

"Come and watch with us." Corey invites. "You've gotta watch this one."

Alex's eyes glance at me and I look away, giving off the expression that I don't really mind or care.

He hesitates in the kitchen for a while before finally coming and sitting on the couch across from me, still in his police uniform.

I feel his eyes on me for a moment before he looks at the TV.

I stop myself from straightening my back.

A little while into watching the movie, someone's phone starts ringing.

Alex shifts in his seat to pull out his phone from his back pocket. He then stands up and walks into the kitchen to answer it.

A minute later, Alex emerges out of the kitchen, fixing his belt on his uniform, looking determined.

"Where'r you going?" Corey asks.

"Some sort of blast at the mall." Alex puts on his watch, hurrying to put on his shoes. "Pretty huge. Half of the mall is on fire."

Corey gives a shocked expression and I frown.

"I hope no one's deeply injured." Corey gives a worried look.