Chapter 9: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ʙᴜʏꜱ ʜɪᴍ ᴄᴏꜰꜰᴇᴇ

♥Chapter 9: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ʙᴜʏꜱ ʜɪᴍ ᴄᴏꜰꜰᴇᴇ♥

Chapter 9: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ʙᴜʏ ʜɪᴍ ᴄᴏꜰꜰᴇᴇ♥

Kennedy

I didn't even want to make that sandwich for Jake.

Who am I kidding? I'd make that sandwich for him over and over again no matter how much bread I'll be wasting. He probably won't even eat half of it.

I'm supposed to stay mad at him and stay alone.

But that all went merrily down the street. 

I straighten my hair for today, getting dressed in a white t-shirt and shorts.

I had texted Mr. Mark and he agreed to meet up in this café by 2 on a Saturday morning.

The only problem? I don't freaking know how to get there.

Now I could ask Alex but then he'd have to leave his job and come drive me. I don't want Alex getting fired or something.

Or I could ask Jake who's hiding in his room.

He loves his room a lot. He must do a lot of secret stuff by how his door is always shut.

Does he roam around naked in his room?

I want to roam around naked too. Not really.

Finally sucking it in, I march over to his room and knock thrice on the door.

Footsteps thud towards the door making my palms sweaty before the door swings open revealing Jake's huge form.

I go speechless for a second as my eyes take in his large form and lean muscles.

"Um." I play with my hair, trying not to stutter. "I need to go somewhere, and Alex isn't at home."

He waits for a while before raising a perfect eyebrow, "And?"

I almost break into a scowl. Do I have to explain everything?

"Will you drop me there?" I ask, watching his eyes roam down my small frame and the heated jealously sparks in his eyes once more as he gazes at my legs.

I expect him to walk back inside his room and slam the door back on my face but instead, he walks out of his room, giving a silent nod.

My smile widens, "Thank you."

He doesn't reply back and brushes past me and down the stairs.

I remind myself that he still hates my guts and finds me annoying and that I need to be alone for a little longer before trying to make friends. I need to feel alone and feel the pain of losing my parents for a little longer.

I follow Jake until we're out and in the car.

Jake

She fidgets the entire time.