Chapter 59: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʜᴇ Qᴜᴇꜱᴛɪᴏɴꜱ ɪꜰ ʜᴇ'ꜱ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴏʀ ɴᴏᴛ

♥Chapter 59: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʜᴇ Qᴜᴇꜱᴛɪᴏɴꜱ ɪꜰ ʜᴇ'ꜱ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴏʀ ɴᴏᴛ♥

Chapter 59: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʜᴇ Qᴜᴇꜱᴛɪᴏɴꜱ ɪ ʜᴇ' ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴏʀ ɴᴏᴛ♥

Kennedy

Four hours after the wedding, Jake, Corey, Toothy and I are on a road trip to California.

My home.

I had started crying when Jake suggested the idea of going to California and visiting my parents.

It takes almost two days to reach California from New York.

We thought of booking a flight which would take a lot less time but then Corey came up with the crazy idea to rent a minivan and drive there instead.

Five arguments later, here we are, in the minivan, driving to California.

"Are you sure there aren't any bears?" Corey asks from the passenger, peeking out the window at the dark forest and greenery around us.

Toothy and I were in a competition of who can stay awake the longest. So far, we're both on the verge of death.

It's dark all around us which makes it harder to keep our eyes open.

"You'd be the first one I'll throw to their fucking mouths if there are." Jake snaps from the driver's seat.

"You're still pissed at me?" Corey asks in disbelief.

"I wanted Kennedy in the passenger seat!" Jake glares.

"You're glued to her all the fucking time." He throws his hands up. "Just one night, she isn't beside you."

"So?" Jake raises an eyebrow. "You didn't even let us have the night after our wedding to ourselves, you fucking prick!"

That's true. When Corey heard that Jake and I wanted to go to California, he jumped in and said that we should leave right away.

"You're just mad that you didn't get to have sex with her." Corey rolls his eyes.

Jake narrows his eyes but says nothing to deny.

"When's the last time you had sex?" Corey asks.

"When I met your mom." Jake retorts.

"You motherfucker." Corey slaps him hard on the back of his head.

"Can we stop talking about Jake's sex life?" Toothy grunts out, her voice heavy with sleep. "He's my brother for God's sake."

"Fine, let's talk about my sex life," Corey says.

"I'll pull over and leave you stranded if you start," Jake warns.

"Fuck you," Corey grumbles.

"Toothy can you please go to sleep?" I mumble, barely conscious of what's going around me because of the sleepiness.