Chapter 3: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ʟᴏꜱᴇꜱ ʜᴇʀ ɪɴʜᴀʟᴇʀ

♥Chapter 3: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ʟᴏꜱᴇꜱ ʜᴇʀ ɪɴʜᴀʟᴇʀ♥

Chapter 3: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ʟᴏꜱᴇꜱ ʜᴇʀ ɪɴʜᴀʟᴇʀ

Kennedy

My eyes flutter open in the middle of the night and I groan immediately.

Once my eyes open in the middle of the night it gets really hard to go back to sleep.

Knowing my fate, I kick the covers off me and get down the bed.

I remember when this happened literally every night and I used to run over to the next room where mom and dad would be sleeping. I used to jump in between them and them knowing my daily night routine would just cuddle up with me instead of sending me back to my room.

I miss my old house. I'm glad I got all my precious stuff before the house got sold off. My finger trails over one of the photo frame with mom and dad in it. I got over them much quicker than I ever thought I would.

I cried and starved myself for the very first days when Dr. Gabriel gave me the news of their deaths. Eventually, the nurses forced the food down my throat and told me I needed to eat to recover from the accident.

A sigh comes out of my lips before I lift my eyes off the frame and look around.

Now what do I do?

Should I call Gary?

He'd block me.

A slight uneasiness blooms in my chest, and I tiredly look around for my inhaler. I scan the bed, the desk, the dresser, inside my wardrobe.

I freeze.

Where's my inhaler?

Oh no, no, no, no, no. Gary would get so mad at me if he knew I lost my inhaler.

I throw open my door and run down the stairs as slowly as I could. I don't want to trigger anything without my inhaler with me. I search around the living room, the kitchen, the cabinets—Ooo my knives. Not the time!

I force myself away from the knives.

Inhaler, first.

But those knives are so pretty.

Inhaler, first!

I never really imagined how my life would go without my inhaler. If I don't use it I might as well as die right now. Take me away Angel of Death!

The dull ache in my chest grows as I move to find to my inhaler. My back hits something and a loud crash clangs throughout the house.

A wince crosses my face as I slowly turn around.

There lies the innocent victim. Le vase.

Moments pass before the sound of a door opening reaches me. Footsteps thud down the stairs and I tense up. I didn't actually mean for the Angel of Death to come get me! Am I really gonna die?