Chapter 10: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ᴏᴘᴇɴꜱ ʜᴇʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ

♥Chapter 10: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ᴏᴘᴇɴꜱ ʜᴇʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ♥

Chapter 10: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ᴏᴘᴇɴꜱ ʜᴇʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ

Kennedy

"What's in for food today, chef?" Dad asks moving the camera to my face as I mix something in a bowl that mom told me to.

"Creamy chicken." I grin.

"Mm sounds tasty." Dad licks his lips before turning the camera towards mom. "And you Miss," A wide teasing smile stretches his face, "Making our poor girl do all the work. What have you got to say for yourself?"

A dishrag hits his face.

"She's only mixing the ingredients I asked her to," Mom says.

Dad turns towards me, "Should we call child protection against mom?"

Before I could nod, another dishrag hits dad on the side of his head. This time the dishrag's sopping wet.

"Ah, the water went in my ear!" Dad jumps, scrunching his face in disgust.

I laugh as dad picks up the wet dishrag and looks at mom with a glint in his eyes. Mom understood what was going to happen and dashes out of the kitchen with a shriek while dad chases her.

A knock interrupts the quiet videos of memories I play on my laptop.

My head snaps up towards the door with tears covering my face.

In about two seconds I have two conclusions of what I had to do; either hide under my bed or grab the nightlamp and bash the intruder's head outside.

Slowly, sliding off my bed, I creep towards the door not before grabbing a pen to stab the person if he attempts to murder me.

I throw open the door and raise the pen, ready to commit murder.

"Hiya-! Jake?"

My eyes widen. 

A look of worry etches his face before his eyebrows furrow at the pen in my hand.

I immediately hide the pen behind my back before smiling innocently, "You did not see that."

"You're crying." He's looking at my face.

My smile falters.

My eyes flicker to the open laptop on my bed and my grip on the pen tightens.

"I was taking a shower," I say, shrugging.

He furrows his eyebrows, "Why are only your eyes and cheeks wet then?"

"It's a special kind of shower."   

"But there's no bathroom in your room."

"I don't need a bathroom for this kind of shower, Jake." I scowl.