Chapter 8: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇꜱ ᴀ ꜱᴀɴᴅᴡɪᴄʜ

♥Chapter 8: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇꜱ ᴀ ꜱᴀɴᴅᴡɪᴄʜ♥

Kennedy

I lick the ice cream from my cone. Gary always told me to lick them when I eat one of these "teeth murderers" as he calls them.

Apparently biting into your ice creams can cause problems in your chest by the chest freezing up or something. I don't know.

My eyes dart to Jake across me in the booth and my cheeks turn pink when I see his eyes already eyeing my mouth licking the ice cream.

Maybe he wants some. He isn't even eating his own.

He isn't saying anything so I wouldn't really know.

Should I call the creep cop? I should feel creeped out if a guy stares at me. But I don't. Because it's Jake. I don't know how that's a reason, but it is what it is.

Corey sits beside me and Toothy beside Jake.

Corey wanted to take me to get milkshakes as he promised but changed his mind in between and decided to get ice cream instead.

"So you're paying right, Jake?" Corey asks over the three scopes of his ice cream, a teasing smile hiding behind it.

Jake turns his eyes away from me and glares at Corey. "Not the one who slapped Ken."

My stomach does weird flips the way he calls me 'Ken'. Are we on nickname basis now?

I'm gonna call him Barbie.

Ken and her Barbie.

I look at Jake and inwardly sigh. He would make a gorgeous Barbie character.

Corey gives a smirk before looking in my direction and gives me another apologetic smile.

The ice cream parlour door opens and four girls step in taking my attention with their loud chatter and pretty bright outfits. They look around my age.

"Oh shit." Toothy mumbles, her eyes on the girls as her shoulders sag slightly. That makes Jake and Corey turn their heads towards the girls.

I stare in confusion as the girls notice us and walk towards us making Toothy curse under her breath and Corey's smile disappears. Jake only has a blank look.

"Look who's here?" The girl at the front speaks with a kind of smugness in her eyes.

Do I like her? An immediate no.

They all are staring at Toothy with smug and nasty faces.

The front girl's eyes land on me, and her smile grows, before looking back at Toothy. "Are you inviting her to your rape party?"

Toothy gives a hard glare.

"You know that's offensive right?" Corey scoffs while Jake glares at them.