Chapter 28: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ᴍᴇᴇᴛꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴜꜱɪɴ

♥Chapter 28: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ᴍᴇᴇᴛꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴜꜱɪɴ♥

Chapter 28: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴜꜱɪɴ♥

❆Jake❆

My eyes silently read the words in my book. My back rests on the couch with my feet propping on the coffee table.

In other circumstances, this would feel so fucking normal. Absolutely fucking normal.

Except now...

Kennedy's head snuggles into my chest, her front pressing against my body with her legs on either side of me. Her soft snores fill my ears with a small stain of drool staining my hoodie.

She's submerged into a deep sleep right here on my lap.

An overwhelming feeling seeps into my heart the longer I hold Ken's warm fuzzy body. The way she just melts on my lap, so small, so perfect.

My arm, which holds her, tightens for some reason. It still feels unreal to have someone like her with me.

I want her.

So fucking much.

What's happening to me?

No doubt that I'm addicted to her.

It's been a month now since she came here and I'm already so deep into whatever I'm drowning in. This feeling overwhelms and submerges my heart, but I don't fucking know what feeling this is.

I want to go back and beat the fucking shit out of myself for trying to push Ken away or when I hurt her with my words.

I did make myself closed off to Kennedy because how I couldn't control my words from fucking hurting people. But being here right now with Ken is making me realize that she makes me want to get my fucking words right.

Being with her is changing me so very slowly in the most contending way possible.

I sat at the dining table with Alex for fuck's sake!

During breakfast.

Things between Alex and I have been complicated since mom died. So I ignored Alex completely to not make things more difficult or awkward between us.

I don't know if Alex was glad about that or not. I don't know. I never paid attention.

But maybe it was a wrong decision that I made...

I don't know.

It's been kind of fucking with my head since Kennedy made me eat breakfast with her and Alex.

Kennedy shifts in her sleep for the hundredth time. Her hands tighten around my torso, with her turning her head to the other side.

I shift a bit too to make myself more comfortable for her to lie on.