Chapter 16: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ɢᴏᴇꜱ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ "ᴍᴀʟʟ"

♥Chapter 16: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ɢᴏᴇꜱ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ "ᴍᴀʟʟ"♥

Chapter 16: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ɢᴏᴇꜱ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ "ᴍᴀʟʟ"

❆Jake❆

What the fuck did I do?

What the fucking fuck did I do?

What happened to staying away from her until I get my shit together?

Well, that obviously didn't go as planned now I really gotta force my shit together.

A hand claps on my back and I turn my head around from my momentary distraction to see Kai.

"Up for a game tonight?" He asks, hooking his fingers into the straps of his bag.

I put the rest of my books in my bag and sling it over my shoulder. I got free from my lecture five minutes ago and was getting ready to leave to pick Kennedy up.

The first day when I got a call from Alex, my mind had swarmed to a number of conclusions about why he was calling me. My first thought was maybe something happened to him but then turns out, he just needed me to pick Kennedy until he finds someone else.

"The guys decided to have a lil' get together," Kai continues.

He's an old classmate from high school and a good guy. We've been friends but things got distant when we graduated.

I shake my head, walking out the lecture hall with him in step beside me.

"Oh come on, man. It's been months since the lot and us caught up," He adds.

I shake my head once again.

I just don't like people.

I'd rather just go through my lecture notes.

Or I'd rather spend time with Kennedy listening to her silly rants while I rest my head on her lap.

The way she rakes her fingers through my hair. 

Kai sighs but shrugs, "Come to the football field behind our old high school if you change your mind."

I give a nod.

I highly doubt I would. I had a long night yesterday, and want to get some sleep once I reach home. Bonus if my head's on Kennedy's lap. 

There's something seriously addictive about that. I've never had someone do that to me in a very long time. Not since mom anyways. 

Kai and I walk out of the college building, sharing brief words.

I unlock my car and almost get in if it weren't for a loud honking car and someone squealing like a kid in Disneyland.

I turn around to peer at the road and my eyes flare.

What the fuck?

A dark blue car whizzes in front of the college road with the windows down attracting attention from everyone. Loud music plays from the speakers.